Contacting Warner Brothers...

Started by Grissom, Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 14:19

Previous topic - Next topic
I was trying to get some kind of contact for WB basically inquiring and at the same time pressing them to do something extra special for the 20th Anniversary of Batman, but I can't seem to find the right contact. Does anyone have a link where I can send emails or address to write a letter or two?

I have never had a reply from Warner Bros.

Actually, I got one - but it was about Blu-ray Live support outside of the US for TDK.

I think it's worth a shot. If enough people inquire about Batman's 20th Anniversary it might get them thinking, who knows.  ;)

Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 19:41 #3 Last Edit: Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 19:50 by Dark Knight Detective
Grissom, why not call WB to re-release Returns in 2012 (special year for me) & Mask of the Phantasm in 2013?

Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 19:48 #4 Last Edit: Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 20:05 by DocLathropBrown
It would take a show of support from at least several thousand (more likely hundred-thousand) supporters for WB to even consider doing anything for the previous films again.

This has been discussed ad-nauseum, but there isn't a single thing any of us can do, WB is done with the previous films. And nothing shows that better than the "20th anniversary edition" of B89 which amounts to just a reprinted book and no new bonus materials.

Nothing's going to change unless there's a REAL show of support. A few hundred signatures on a piddly little petition isn't going to get WB to do jack sh*t. And frankly, the show of support needed just isn't there. Aside from this community, the rest of the world looks on the Burton films just as everyone else does, as inferior and not worth their time.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there's no point in you people living in false hope. PJ got it right from WB's mouth; they're finished with the previous film franchise. There's no show of support that lets WB know that there's any point in putting more money into the Burton films.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

^ Does your statement upset you in any way?

I've become numb to the fact that Burton's day-in-the-sun is over with. I've known this to be true ever since I saw the response Batman Begins brought forth. I knew from then on the fandom would never be the same, and Burton's films would be abandoned by the majority.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I think we can least start to petition WB for a decent Blue-ray release for Batman Returns and The Mask of the Phantasm.  We've still got 3 years to get their attention and I'm sure we can at least guarantee the support of every member of BMO.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I think the existence of this site and the feedback of all the members on it illustrates that not everyone has automatically dismissed the original Batman movies, and that in many instances there are several people who actually prefer Burton's films to Nolan's.
I honestly believe that the views of Jett on Batman on Film represents only a small number of the Batman fans overall.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Believe what you want, but I say what I'm saying because I've seen enough sh*t to know for sure. Undoubtedly, there's more fans of Burton's films than just this community, but their size would never come close enough to make WB consider revisiting the Burton films in any way.

MOTP is different. The majority still loves TAS to death, so a revisit of MOTP is inevitable.