Batman rogue(s) for Burton's third film.

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Mon, 16 Mar 2009, 04:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay guys, time to pop the question!

Bane
4 (12.9%)
Ra's Al Ghul
1 (3.2%)
Scarecrow
12 (38.7%)
The Riddler
12 (38.7%)
The Mad Hatter
4 (12.9%)
Mr. Freeze
1 (3.2%)
Poison Ivy
1 (3.2%)
Two-Face
18 (58.1%)
Catwoman
10 (32.3%)
Clayface
2 (6.5%)
Man Bat
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

I don't know about Williams, but anyone could play a better Two-Face than Tommy Lee Jones. A few days ago I had nothing better to do and rewatched Batman Forever from start to finish after a long-long time. Tommy Lee Jones this time wasn't just bad, it was utterly painful to watch.

Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 20:23 #11 Last Edit: Sun, 22 Mar 2009, 01:26 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: silenig on Sat, 21 Mar  2009, 20:19
I don't know about Williams, but anyone could play a better Two-Face than Tommy Lee Jones. A few days ago I had nothing better to do and rewatched Batman Forever from start to finish after a long-long time. Tommy Lee Jones this time wasn't just bad, it was utterly painful to watch.

TLJ was perfectly casted IMHO. The monologue in the opening scene was awesome (aside from "doo-dah"). I'm sure that if he were under Burton's direction, or if Forever had kept its original script, he would've been fantastic.

I think Burton would have been more keen on bringing in Two-Face if he was provided the opportunity to followup on Batman Returns.

WB would have wanted Riddler for sure. Much like the Penguin with Returns.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sat, 21 Mar  2009, 20:23
Quote from: silenig on Sat, 21 Mar  2009, 20:19

TLJ was perfectly casted IMHO. The monologue in the opening scene was awesome (aside from "doo-dah"). I'm sure that if he were under Burton's direction, or if Forever had kept its original script, he would've been fantastic.

I found his "doo-dah" to be somewhat cynical and still in keeping with the character. I thought later he got too goofy, but at least there was actual malice in his eyes. His eyes were Two-Face, the rest was  not.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?