Blu-ray reviews...

Started by Grissom, Tue, 10 Mar 2009, 18:33

Previous topic - Next topic
There are quite a few reviews out there of the anthology, but I'm really interested in the first two. Here's one of Batman

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=1296&show=review

I think that's from the UK release about two months ago, but it's the same blu-ray. There have been some mixed reviews but overall the quality is commended. Anyone know the difference between BD25 and BD50, these are blu-ray discs I believe, but does anyone know the fundamental difference between the two? Also a friend told me that he heard that the image quality is goin to be cleaned up even further for the 20th Anniversary release of Batman in May. Take this with a grain of salt though, because there is still no specific features list or statment from WB.

BD25 means a 25 GB single-layer Blu-ray. BD50 means--you guessed it--a 50 GB double-layer Blu-ray.

So, naturally, a BD50 holds more, and thus has an even higer bitrate transfer, because it can fit!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Thanks for the info, I read somewhere that these blu-ray are BD25, but the Anniversary one coming out in May (Batman '89) is BD50, I know it means basically getting more extras to fit on the one disc, but doesn't it also improve picture and sound quality?

It would, yes, by allowing the transfer and soundtrack to be more uncompressed.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 03:41 #4 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 07:12 by The Dark Knight
I'm blown away by the screenshots for this release. Just look at the closeup of the Batmobile. Amazing.

I'm totally getting this!  :o
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

I'd love to see some more Blu-ray screen caps...can anyone post any??

Quote from: Reevz666 on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 20:37
I'd love to see some more Blu-ray screen caps...can anyone post any??

i just wish i had a blu-ray drive on my pc

I wish I had a Blu-Ray player....  :(
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.