Explanation of how Joker could have figured out who Batman was earlier

Started by Jack Napier, Sat, 7 Mar 2009, 05:50

Previous topic - Next topic
When in the alley, Bob says "take off the mask", and they lift Keaton's mask up. After the Batman fight with the Joker goons, Bob or whoever could have told Joker that Batman is the guy from city hall when Joker killed the mobster with the quill pen. Then, Joker comes to the apartment to see Vale, and he looks suprised to see her guest. Then, he says "Bruce Wayne, isnt' it (french translation)?" Maybe he said that to assure that this is the guy from city hall, who is also Batman. Keaton approaches him, and Bob points the gun at him, and Jack's like "cool it, Bob." They could have planned to kill Wayne, and with the gun, maybe Jack was really saying "Not yet, Bob." Keaton tries to play a mind game with the Joker, when in all actuallity Wayne knows the Joker is Jack Napier, and the Joker knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, the son of Thomas Wayne, that Napier killed in his earlier days.  Then Joker says "You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?", to re-create time from when Jack Napier said that to young Bruce Wayne after killing his parents. The rubhard line makes SO much sense now. This is indeed a reference to Bruce Wayne being Batman and trying to lead two seperate lives, almost as if Bruce Wayne and Batman are two different people.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

Bob and the others didn't get to see who was under the mask properly, if at all.

Batman's face was in shadow, and Vicki snapped a picture, distracting them, which gave Bruce time to upll his mask back on.

Hence why he took the film from Vicki. She successfully took a picture of him maskless.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat,  7 Mar  2009, 09:19
Batman's face was in shadow, and Vicki snapped a picture, distracting them, which gave Bruce time to upll his mask back on.

Hence why he took the film from Vicki. She successfully took a picture of him maskless.
Exactly.

Sat, 7 Mar 2009, 16:55 #4 Last Edit: Sat, 7 Mar 2009, 19:05 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: Jack Napier on Sat,  7 Mar  2009, 05:50
The rubhard line makes SO much sense now. This is indeed a reference to Bruce Wayne being Batman and trying to lead two seperate lives, almost as if Bruce Wayne and Batman are two different people.

"Rhubarb" is a reference to something else, my friend (not the vegetable, but something that can't be mentioned on this site).

In the words of DocLathropBrown (when I started a topic on rhubarb's meaning in this film): "this is a family forum!"

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat,  7 Mar  2009, 09:19

Hmmm... I'm sure it would've been possible for Batman to come up w/ a way to get out of that situation w/o Vale.

What surprised me the most was how Bruce seemed like he was going to let that goon remove his cowl. Was he "knocked out" briefly, or did he just allow this to happen in order to not make this situation any worse?

According to the novel, he actually did lose consciousness for a few seconds.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat,  7 Mar  2009, 18:42
According to the novel, he actually did lose consciousness for a few seconds.

I thought that the suit would've prevented that from happening, but oh well.

Taking a bullet at those very close range would probably knock the wind out of you, especially if it's halted by armor.