Where do you find the Halloween deleted scene on BATMAN 1989 Two-Disc DVD

Started by Jack Napier, Wed, 4 Mar 2009, 04:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, indeed. I wish I could download it. It's so cool that it's in high quailty. I've always wondered about that alternate shot of Batman's wingspan. I usally thought it looked like another take of a simular shot during the rooftop confrontation. Thanks Reevz666 for those pictures. I look forward to seeing more in conjuction with the 20th anniversary. Is there also any evidence that the scene with the photoshoot scene with the two models dying from Smilex?

There's no evidence to say that that scene was even intended to be filmed.

And I wouldn't expect anything for the 20th anniversary, at least, nothing that we don't already have.

The Playstation Store has it in even better quality, but it's also not downloadable from there.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Mon,  9 Mar  2009, 03:19

Dammit, I'd like this deleted material released. Oh well. Too bad WB stopped giving a damn.

Ever since the last DVD release of Superman IV, I've held out hope that we could get to one day see deleted scenes from the Burton films.

For years, Superman fans have clamored to see the deleted footage from that movie, even though we assumed that it wouldn't be anything amazing. So why ask for it? Because it's unseen footage of Chris Reeve of Superman! It's as simple as that.

It's the same situation with the Burton films. We've all seen them 100 times so it would be a thrill to see some new footage, especially of Keaton.

Yes, but there's no prescedence or good reason to release them now. The SE DVDs in 2005 were a good reason. Superman Returns coming out was a good reason to release the S4 deleted scenes, but even then, there were no prior special features for Superman IV on DVD. That made it fair game, and the deleted scenes were all that WB would spring to include (and Rosenthal's commentary).

We had our one shot at the BATMAN deleted scenes, and we're not going to get them now, not without some kind of successful marketing milestone that would prompt WB to put yet more money into an older film.

The 20th anniversary would have been it at this point, but since we're only getting a book of reprinted material, I think it's safe to say that the deleted scenes ain't happening for the forseeable future.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Those pictures of Keaton with that little girl, the shots of Knox under the cowl.....wow. That trailer is awesome as well.

There's also a great shot of Batman in that teaser at the end where Joker's laughter is edited over.  Now I can see where DocLathropBrown's avatar comes from.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Mine's actually a promo picture OF that filmed shot. :-P

Quote from: Reevz666 on Mon,  9 Mar  2009, 00:08
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun,  8 Mar  2009, 22:38
I have a question. Even though this scene & the one w/ the boys in Batman costumes were cut, does BATMAN still take place around Halloween time?

The reason the little girl say that line isn't because it was Halloween, it's because Batman is in a costume

Quote from: Joker81 on Sun,  8 Mar  2009, 22:13

mmmmm, I'd say the Knox under the cape scene was not filmed. Sure Knox was knocked on conscience, and Batman and Vicki were hanging from the cathedral - Batmans cape didnt come off......

Which makes me then question you statement about Axis chemical scene being longer....what was longer about it?

Let me revise my statement about the Axis Chemicals scene..what I should have wrote was that the scene was shot 2 different ways( as was most of the movie)...Tim Burton has said in a few interviews that the script was constantly changed by the producer( Jon Peters) add this with the fact that Nicholson is legendary for wanting to re do takes to every scene( the Joker reveal scene was shot 16 times) so because the movie's shooting schedule and script were in a constant state of change there are scenes that will seem longer or shorter.....so when I said the Axis Chemical scene was longer this is to say that there was an alternate take that seemed to have more shots in it

in the take that's in the film, Batman swoops down, kick the gun out of Jack's hand and lifts him up....but there is an alternate scene ( most have seen some of the pics from the SE 89 DVD) where Batman come out of a dark corner, has more of a struggle with Jack and over powers him, then does the lift...it's not as quick as the one seen in the film( which is probably why it was re shot)...

and as far as the Knox cape reveal scene, it WAS in fact shot for the film...feast your eyes on these....

Reevz666, thanks for this!! I stand corrected. I knew this scene was in the script, novel (I think) and graphic novel but I never knew they filmed it. I am pretty glad they cut it because the scene seemed cheesy. When the cowl is lifted off Knox he says something like "Can I still make the evening edition?"

But I am glad there is evidents of this scene in the pics, it looks a lot better than in the comic and what I had imagined! In the comic Batman and Vicki swing in through a cathedral window and escape down the stairs, with Batmans cape falling off. Isnt it true in the original script though Knox dies???

We definatley need these deleted scenes unearthed.

Actually, in the comic adaptation, Batman DELIBERATELY takes off his cape and cowl to make Knox a decoy so he can escape. His cape never "falls off."

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Mon,  9 Mar  2009, 20:52
Actually, in the comic adaptation, Batman DELIBERATELY takes off his cape and cowl to make Knox a decoy so he can escape. His cape never "falls off."

Well I couldnt remember.