Where do you find the Halloween deleted scene on BATMAN 1989 Two-Disc DVD

Started by Jack Napier, Wed, 4 Mar 2009, 04:42

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if its on there and if it is, I don't know where to find it. Its the one where the girl says "Is it Halloween" or something to Batman while he's in suit and they're standing in an alley
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

It's on the second disc in the Shadows Of The Bat section and it is in part 3 The Legend Reborn at about 6:51 in it says on my DVD player. 

Quote from: reedj927 on Wed,  4 Mar  2009, 04:55
It's on the second disc in the Shadows Of The Bat section and it is in part 3 The Legend Reborn at about 6:51 in it says on my DVD player. 

Thanks! I'm gonna go watch it right now :)
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

The scene is alright, it shows Batman's humanity, but it was best left out.

At least, the way it was shot.

It looks so amateurish, I really doubt that was the final version of it. The angle at which it was photographed for the Topps cards looks more like a real scene.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Yep, it looks amateurish but it feels so random to me.  Batman's running around, sees homeless girl, has a very cute Speilbergian moment and then the Burtonfest resumes.  A wise cut.

I think, had it been handled right, it would have seemed absolutely correct. According to the novel (which describes the scene), the little girl is homeless, alone and apparently, a little shell-shocked/out of it, as Batman has to save her from the car full of Joker goons, who almost run her over, and she's too busy playing with her doll.

When we get the above shot of Batman returning to a lone Vicki in the finished film, he's actually returning from saving the girl (it's right before he sees the dead end and looks up, asking how much Vicki weighs).
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

the scene was filmed but then cut ....there are a few other scenes filmed but never used as well ( Knox under the bat cape after the cathedral scene, Axis Chemical confrontation scene was longer, ect.).....here's a shot from my archives that you might like

Quote from: Reevz666 on Sun,  8 Mar  2009, 21:49
the scene was filmed but then cut ....there are a few other scenes filmed but never used as well ( Knox under the bat cape after the cathedral scene, Axis Chemical confrontation scene was longer, ect.).....here's a shot from my archives that you might like

mmmmm, I'd say the Knox under the cape scene was not filmed. Sure Knox was knocked on conscience, and Batman and Vicki were hanging from the cathedral - Batmans cape didnt come off......

Which makes me then question you statement about Axis chemical scene being longer....what was longer about it?

Quote from: Reevz666 on Sun,  8 Mar  2009, 21:49

awesome photo. thank you shawn.