What actually happens at the end of BATMAN

Started by Jack Napier, Wed, 4 Mar 2009, 00:17

Previous topic - Next topic
When Joker has appeared to have fallen to his death, he left a decoy at the position of which he would have hit the ground from. He has escaped and left a phony clone of him, with a laughing box.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

And your evidence of this is..... what?
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Well, the Joker is obviously dead b/c he doesn't appear in Batman Returns (nor is he mentioned).

Quote from: The Detective on Wed,  4 Mar  2009, 02:00
Well, the Joker is obviously dead b/c he doesn't appear in Batman Returns (nor is he mentioned).

He could have gone into hiding to get out of the public eye.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

I think I recall reading that he was supposed to return in Batman Returns, but that didn't go underway b/c Mr. Burton wanted something fresh.

This is nothing but fanboy wishful thinking.

The Joker died. That much is obvious in the footage, and it's stated by Burton in the DVD commentary that he was killed.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

weird when you guys add stuff to the story that isn't on screen

as if it were a true story and they just didn't show the part where he got up from a 5000 foot fall and left a dummy in his place but in actuality that's what happened

sadly i think the only deleted scene is halloween girl in the alley - wish there were lots more

Wed, 4 Mar 2009, 06:02 #7 Last Edit: Wed, 4 Mar 2009, 09:42 by The Dark Knight
The idea that Joker lived is insane. It is impossible. He fell from that scarily high tower all the way to the bottom. Absolutely dead. He had nowhere to go and could not escape. He was only going down.

And the idea that someone placed an exact replica of Joker, complete with impact marks around his body at the bottom of the Cathedral is hilarious. Also considering Joker didn't really have any idea he would enter the Cathedral at all, let alone fall from it. It's just what came about.

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Wed,  4 Mar  2009, 04:21
weird when you guys add stuff to the story that isn't on screen

But there are things that fit in, based on subtext or information that's implicated in the film, and then there's ideas that have no basis in reality. Like this one.

Agreed. There is simply no way on Earth Joker lived. Burton made it blindingly obvious given the scenario.