Burton to direct Batman: The Musical on Broadway!

Started by Batman, Thu, 26 Feb 2009, 23:46

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 02:07 #10 Last Edit: Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 03:27 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Fri, 27 Feb  2009, 01:21
there IS new news but all people can find and post are links to reports that it might be released in 2005???

NOTE: This was a response to someone saying YES there was new news - apparently deleted

Hehe. I misread your message & made a mistake, so I deleted it (it was too late to edit).

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Fri, 27 Feb  2009, 01:36
In 2002, in the lead-up to the Broadway premiere of Jim Steinman's "Dance Of The Vampires" (Minskoff Theatre) a breakthrough was made. TIM BURTON, the director of the original "Batman" and "Batman Returns", would direct the musical for a 2004 out-of-town tryout and a 2005 Broadway production.

that's the NEWS on both posted sites - old stuff

Did you read the whole summary on The Dark Knight of Soul?

Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 03:26 #11 Last Edit: Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 03:34 by WingedFreak71
i give up - my point was that the original poster linked us to a story that said a musical might be ready in 2005 and he presented his post as if it was some current story - it's an old link from 2003 or so

there's no new news story about an upcoming musical that i see on those links

and "The Dark Knight Of Soul" thing says as far as they know it's not happening

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Fri, 27 Feb  2009, 03:26
i give up - my point was that the original poster linked us to a story that said a musical might be ready in 2005 and he presented his post as if it was some current story - it's an old link from 2003 or so

there's no new news story about an upcoming musical that i see on those links

I understood your point. Maybe Batman had no clue about the musical as of now, that's all.

Would be really interesting to see Burton get back to the Bat-world... but this story about a Bat-musical is really old... let's wait ;)
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Guys, I must apologize if I got anyone's hopes up.
Here's the story:

Last night I was on the IMDB to check out something in Tim Burton's page.
Under the "Biography" extract it said "Tim Burton is slated to direct Batman: The Musical."
When I read it, I took it for the latest news, seeing that it was the only extract of the biography shown.

I kinda hastened to quickly Google a link and posted it, without reading it fully through.

Anyway, my second misconception was, that the article was only posted yesterday, because the date right above the headline was today's date.

So, there you have it.

Sat, 28 Feb 2009, 02:22 #15 Last Edit: Sat, 28 Feb 2009, 02:40 by reedj927
If you want to listen to some of the songs that were written you can go here
http://www.jimsteinman.com/dreampol.htm
The songs "Wonderful Toys", "(Vespers)Angels Arise/Graveyard Shift", "In The Land Of The Pig The Butcher Is King", "Catwoman's Song" and"We're Still The Children" are demos for the musical.
Here's some info from aintitcool.com too...the title of the page really cracks me up. You can check it out at http://www.aintitcool.com/node/24040 .