Burton Batman Homages

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 17 Feb 2009, 02:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Tue, 17 Feb  2009, 05:58
The Batcycle's ejection is similar to the Batmissle formation in Batman Returns.
Absolutely. How did I forget that?

Great thread guys!  ;D I always thought it was fun to Nolan make some homages to the Burton's Bats. It gives some nostalgic feels to BB nd TDK.
A good reference was The Joker falling in the end of TDK. Who doesn't remembered Jack's Joker falling in the ed of B89? :D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Tue, 17 Feb  2009, 19:41
A good reference was The Joker falling in the end of TDK. Who doesn't remembered Jack's Joker falling in the ed of B89? :D
Yep, I listed all the obvious similarities on the previous page.

Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 01:17 #13 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 01:26 by The Batman Returns
Apparently, TDK's batsuit is an homage to the Returns batsuit b/c it tries to go for an armoresque appearance, just like BR's did (except TDK's went OTT).

An un-used tagline for Batman89 'Justice is always darkest just before the dawn' is stolen, modified slightly and used as a piece of dialogue in TDK.

Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 02:16 #15 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 02:21 by The Batman Returns
Ledger Joker's terrorist broadcasting is similar to Jack Joker's parade announcement.

Something that all the movies have in common is the fact that no one in the city can throw a party without a villain spoiling it.

Batman: Party at Wayne Manor. This one is a bit of a stretch because the villain doesn't ACTUALLY crash the party, but both Gordon and Bruce have to ditch the party because of the villain. You could also say that the Festival was sort of crashed by the Joker.

Batman Returns: Penguin and the Maxquerade Ball.

Batman Forever: Two-Face crashing the Ritz Gotham. Like Joker and the Festival, you could even include Two-Face at the Circus.

Batman and Robin: BOTH Freeze and Ivy at the Charity Ball, and Ivy's presence at the Observatory Party ( I'm assuming she wasn't on the guest list).

Batman Begins: Ra's burning down Wayne Manor shortly after the birthday guests leave.

the Dark Knight: the Joker looking for Harvey at the benefit.

In short, if you want to have a party in Gotham City......

FORGET IT!

Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Thu, 19 Feb 2009, 09:03 #17 Last Edit: Thu, 19 Feb 2009, 09:43 by The Dark Knight
Excellent post and very, very true.

Batman gliding through downtown Gotham with his cape in Begins reminds me of Batman doing the same thing in Returns, after his meeting with Catwoman.

And for some reason, I have flashes of the African Thug fight in the Cathedral with the Ras Al Ghul train fight. Must be that Batman is getting beaten nearly the whole time, but finds some way out at the last minute.

Thu, 19 Feb 2009, 10:02 #18 Last Edit: Thu, 19 Feb 2009, 10:05 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 19 Feb  2009, 09:03
Batman gliding through downtown Gotham with his cape in Begins reminds me of Batman doing the same thing in Returns, after his meeting with Catwoman.

I sort of mentioned that already.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 19 Feb  2009, 09:03
And for some reason, I have flashes of the African Thug fight in the Cathedral with the Ras Al Ghul train fight. Must be that Batman is getting beaten nearly the whole time, but finds some way out at the last minute.

I doubt that the thug was actually hurting Batman. Why? Because Bruce showed no pain, & it seemed like he was manipulating the thug. After all, he was still recuperating from the Batwing's crash. Plus, if you carefully observe, the thug was using a lot of his power, up to the point where he got tired & lost his edge, leading Batman to give him a head-scissors down the Cathedral. I don't know why a lot of people don't notice this.

I may have to disagree slightly there, that thug in the cathedral did give Batman a beating in my opinion, if you look closely you'll see that Batman was most times defending himself because i guess he didn't have the strenght to really give the thug a hard boiled fight after the batwing crash and of course, climbing up all those stairs.