Beyond The Films - Expanded Sequences

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 7 Feb 2009, 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic
This is a thread to imagine the events we don't see in the films.

Here's one to start, Batman escaping The Penguin's lair.

Catwoman has fried Max with her taser, and she?s nowhere to be found. She?s probably dead. The Penguin has risen from the toxic water, only to drop dead. Batman stands alone, mask off, watching this all unfold. Now?.

What happens next? How does Batman escape?

The novel says that Bruce called Alfred to pick him up, and it is right after, on the way back to the manor, that he's in the car with Alfred driving him back (as in the film), it's Christmas Eve.

So yeah, I buy that.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Did he have a batphone on his belt, or something?

I wonder what he did with the Batskiboat up there on the snow. It'd be pretty hard to move it away without driving it. Does the novel say if it was destroyed, or could Batman salvage it somehow you think?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  7 Feb  2009, 08:16
I wonder what he did with the Batskiboat up there on the snow. It'd be pretty hard to move it away without driving it. Does the novel say if it was destroyed, or could Batman salvage it somehow you think?

I'd like to know, as well. I mean, it didn't look damaged. It just went through the duck as if it were loose-leaf paper.

The book doesn't mention, it just transitions from the Penguin's death to "He called Alfred to come and get him. There was nothing else he could do."

I would assume he'd have a radio transmitter with which to contact Alfred in an emergency, in case of a situation like he had in Batman Begins where he needed help being extracted.

I would think the Batskiboat would have been okay, except that he'd need a crane to untangle it from the Duck vehicle, and would need to attach the sled attachments (if you've seen the Kenner toy, you know what I mean) to use it on the snow covered ground.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

The question I'm always asked is how Batman was able to clear his name in Batman Returns.  True, he revealed Penguin to be the villain, but that didn't necessarily make The Dark Knight innocent.

One scene I envisioned to answer that features The Mayor and Commissioner Gordon arguing in the police station.

Gordon defends Batman's innocence, but the Mayor states the facts- there's no evidence nor any witnesses that can verify whether Batman was being tricked by Penguin or has been in cahoots with the madman.

They go outside only to find the whole Red Triangle Circus Gang being taken in by the police and screaming about the Batman attacking them.

Gordon smiles at the Christmas present (knowing that Batman turned them over) and asks the Mayor, "You were saying about witnesses?"

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat,  7 Feb  2009, 18:51
The question I'm always asked is how Batman was able to clear his name in Batman Returns.  True, he revealed Penguin to be the villain, but that didn't necessarily make The Dark Knight innocent.

One scene I envisioned to answer that features The Mayor and Commissioner Gordon arguing in the police station.

Gordon defends Batman's innocence, but the Mayor states the facts- there's no evidence nor any witnesses that can verify whether Batman was being tricked by Penguin or has been in cahoots with the madman.

They go outside only to find the whole Red Triangle Circus Gang being taken in by the police and screaming about the Batman attacking them.

Gordon smiles at the Christmas present (knowing that Batman turned them over) and asks the Mayor, "You were saying about witnesses?"
I could picture that actually.  And since neither the gang nor the cops would've necessarily known that the Penguin was dead at that point, the gang would've dropped a dime on Cobblepot and on each other to get plea deals.  Batman probably would've been cleared of all wrongdoing before dinner.

In the Batman Forever novelization, Harvey Dent played a huge part in having Batman's name cleared.

^ Yes.  Great chapter.

QuoteI could picture that actually.
I'm glad.   :)
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 03:10 #9 Last Edit: Mon, 9 Feb 2009, 00:47 by batass4880
In Forever the Riddler, Two-Face and his men storm Wayne Manor because the Riddler found out who Batman is. At the end of the film Two-Face died and the Riddler went to Arkham Asylum, so insane that he couldn't identify Batman's real identity.

What happened to all of those Two-Face thugs who broke into Wayne Manor? You'd think that they would've told every other punk in Gotham the answer to the "greatest riddle of all".