Beyond The Films - Expanded Sequences

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 7 Feb 2009, 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Jun  2009, 03:07
Burton at his scatter-brained best I see.  :D

Yep, & I love it! He's one of the few people who could make it sound good. 8)

Indeed. He's a genuis. The measure between insanity and genuis is measured only be success, and he strikes gold often!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Jun  2009, 03:07
Burton at his scatter-brained best I see.  :D

Very true. Come to think of it, when Danny Elfman was interviewed for the Batman 1989 SE, I remember him stating that his score test for Burton and Jon Peters was very scatter-shot because that's how his brain works.

So apparently Burton isnt alone in that scatter-brain thinking, and thank goodness!  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 13 Jun  2009, 13:07
Very true. Come to think of it, when Danny Elfman was interviewed for the Batman 1989 SE, I remember him stating that his score test for Burton and Jon Peters was very scatter-shot because that's how his brain works.

So apparently Burton isnt alone in that scatter-brain thinking, and thank goodness!  ;)

I love Burton, and I wouldn't change a single thing about the guy, but I kind of wish his Batman DVD commentaries had been a bit more articulate.   :-\
I'd love him to re-record a more focused interview-based commentary with someone else.  Even better, maybe Danny Elfman, Sam Hamm and some of the actors could be convinced to record a 25th Anniversary commentary for 2014.   :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Ya I kinda hated Burton's commentaries quite a bit, you gotta keep in mind his brain has been fried alot since those films were made.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 16 Jun  2009, 03:22
Ya I kinda hated Burton's commentaries quite a bit, you gotta keep in mind his brain has been fried alot since those films were made.

I wouldn't say I hated the commentaries, but it's clear by Burton's own description that he's more of a visual person than one who best communicates with words.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Jun  2009, 04:51
I wouldn't say I hated the commentaries, but it's clear by Burton's own description that he's more of a visual person than one who best communicates with words.

Exactly.