Beyond The Films - Expanded Sequences

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 7 Feb 2009, 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 23:14
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 16:58
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 16:56
Quote from: THE "BAT-MAN" on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 16:46
So my question is, where did Joker go?  And why did he not participate in the pursuit for Batman?
He turned the Prince music back on and continued dancing.

I'd imagine him being pretty upset with Batman's interruption rather than wanting to dance.

I was joking....

I know...

Why so silly? :D

Tue, 9 Jun 2009, 23:22 #91 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 17:10 by THE BAT-MAN
Here's something you don't here too often, but remember when Mayor Borg tells Dent to "find out what this madman is poisoning us with and fast," and Harvey responds, "We're working on it, I need all the help I can get."  It would have been very interesting to see an extended scene of Harvey Dent and a special task force, trying to prevent Joker from poisoning more people.  The scene itself could've been like a moment from the untouchables.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 23:17
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 23:14
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 16:58
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 16:56
Quote from: THE "BAT-MAN" on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 16:46
So my question is, where did Joker go?  And why did he not participate in the pursuit for Batman?
He turned the Prince music back on and continued dancing.

I'd imagine him being pretty upset with Batman's interruption rather than wanting to dance.

I was joking....

I know...

Why so silly? :D
Can't be too sure. Just because one doesn't put a emoticon after something and all that.

On this topic: Apart from shootings like Grissom, I can't really see Nicholson's Joker taking part in any physical combat or the like. Which is strange considering his past with the mob.

Quote from: THE "BAT-MAN" on Tue,  9 Jun  2009, 17:07
In all honesty, I really wish that he was involved in going after Batman.  He would have added great suspense especially, when batman is about to be unmasked.  Also, Joker's dialogue could have been very eerie and disturbing when he see's batman lying on the ground appearing to be unconscious.  It could have been very similar to his scene with the corpse.

I'm pretty ok with how the scene played out out, myself.

Having the Joker participate in the chase after Batman, and Vicki Vale would have been cool to see since it would mean more Nicholson, but personally I am fine with how the scene was shot due to the simple fact that the focus of the film essentially shifts from the Joker's pursuit of Vicki, to Batman and Vicki being chased by the Joker's men with a few fights (most notably Batman facing the goon with the swords being the highlight) thrown in for good measure.

The face-to-face meeting between Batman and the Joker in the museum scene was very brief, and for me, that just ultimately built up the anticipation of their confrontation near the climax of the movie itself. 

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 10 Jun 2009, 14:19 #94 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 17:10 by THE BAT-MAN
Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 12:54

Having the Joker participate in the chase after Batman, and Vicki Vale would have been cool to see since it would mean more Nicholson, but personally I am fine with how the scene was shot due to the simple fact that the focus of the film essentially shifts from the Joker's pursuit of Vicki, to Batman and Vicki being chased by the Joker's men with a few fights (most notably Batman facing the goon with the swords being the highlight) thrown in for good measure.

The face-to-face meeting between Batman and the Joker in the museum scene was very brief, and for me, that just ultimately built up the anticipation of their confrontation near the climax of the movie itself. 

I know what you mean. Personally, I like the scene too.  It's just that it would have been pretty cool if we got to see Joker be part of the chase.

Maybe Joker didnt want to be in the pursuit because of the possibility of the police catching him.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 12:54

I'm with The Joker on this.  By delaying Batman and The Joker's confrontation to the end of the movie, it made the film's climax more thrilling and operatic.

Besides, I can't help thinking that any proper confrontation between the two was bound to end up with one of them in a bodybag (Joker even shot Wayne when they met at Vicki's apartment later in the film, and it wasn't even clear at that point, that The Joker had worked out Btaman's identity).

On balance, I'm glad the Joker sent his lackeys to take care of Batman.  Perhaps he didn't think it was going to be such a challenge at that stage.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 17:19
I'm with The Joker on this.  By delaying Batman and The Joker's confrontation to the end of the movie, it made the film's climax more thrilling and operatic.
I agree.

Whenever I watch the cathedral sequence, I can't help but feel this sense of sorrow and dread for The Joker, as I know he is about to die, and these are his last moments. I'm sure Burton said that the only way to generate sympathy for a character like The Joker, was to kill him. And that is correct.

Fri, 12 Jun 2009, 04:01 #98 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 17:11 by THE BAT-MAN
All in all, I believe that Tim gives the best explaination.

"You know, there's certain little punch up things you want to do...dialogue here.... this....you know, a little bit more Joker this....Uh.... Batman that... You know, little things, but those little things end up sorta start turning into big things....You know, and it also has to do with budget and things..... and what can we do?......What can we not do?  By suggesting a few little changes sometimes...... it just sometimes.... has a tendency to kind of(makes a gesture of something unravelling)."

- Tim Burton

Burton at his scatter-brained best I see.  :D