Beyond The Films - Expanded Sequences

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 7 Feb 2009, 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic
O.K., time for another question. Was Max ever aware that Oswald teamed up w/ the Catwoman? Did Oswald keep it a secret or something? I'd have to assume so b/c Shreck seemed very surprised to find Catwoman wanting to kill him. Had he known about this beforehand, I'm sure he would've had her killed or something.

I don't think Max knew of that. He knew she was alive, messed up and probably just doing nothing with her life. That was until he met her at Penguin's lair as Catwoman.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Mon, 16 Feb  2009, 21:35O.K., time for another question. Was Max ever aware that Oswald teamed up w/ the Catwoman? Did Oswald keep it a secret or something? I'd have to assume so b/c Shreck seemed very surprised to find Catwoman wanting to kill him. Had he known about this beforehand, I'm sure he would've had her killed or something.
That presupposes that Max knew Selina was under the mask before her big reveal at the zoo hideout.  My gut instinct would be to say that Catwoman and Shreck might've crossed paths before the finale as Max seemed to recognize the cat motif ("a VERY big ball of string") of her costume... which was shredded almost beyond recognition by that point.

As for why she waited until then to whack him, I think that's pretty simple.  Max tried to kill her, Batman tried to kill her and, possibly worst of all, the Penguin tried to kill her.  The latter seems to have been the final straw and she finally went off the deep end completely.  I think it's pretty clear that the only reason she didn't eat Oswald's sack lunch at the press conference was because Batman beat her to it.  There was no way she could get her revenge on the guy with the entire crowd pelting him with food so she vanished... perhaps thinking he'd gotten his comeuppance.  That left Batman and Shreck.  Her feelings for Bruce obviously complicated her hatred of Batman (although clearly didn't eliminate it) but she had absolute clarity about what she wanted to do to Max.

So yeah.

Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 01:16 #63 Last Edit: Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 01:27 by The Batman Returns
When Selina mentions Batman taking one of her lives, how is that true? When he knocks her off of the building & into the pile of kitty litter, she says "Saved by kitty litter."

If that saved her, then why does she say that Batman killed her? ??? :-\

You can die of fright from a fall.

It's very common. You can actually be killed by the shock.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 01:24 #65 Last Edit: Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 01:27 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Fri, 20 Feb  2009, 01:22
You can die of fright from a fall.

It's very common. You can actually be killed by the shock.

Are you talking about Selina? Sorry if I misunderstand you b/c it sounds as though you're talking about the Ice Princess (are you?).

I believe he is talking about Selina.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 20 Feb  2009, 01:53
I believe he is talking about Selina.

Then was "Saved by kitty litter" absurd humor? ??? :-\

I take that as nothing but a throw-away line.

Here's a point, after Batman walks away from Selina in the beginning, he is shown going near the Batmobile. We assume he is driving back to the Cave. But moments later, he is walking away from Gordon and the Mayor down a ramp. What did he do, drive a distance in the Batmobile, then walk some place else to investigate something?

Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 02:29 #69 Last Edit: Fri, 20 Mar 2009, 01:38 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 20 Feb  2009, 02:15
Here's a point, after Batman walks away from Selina in the beginning, he is shown going near the Batmobile. We assume he is driving back to the Cave. But moments later, he is walking away from Gordon and the Mayor down a ramp. What did he do, drive a distance in the Batmobile, then walk some place else to investigate something?

Maybe he was doing some investigating for evidence as to who was behind this fiasco.