Beyond The Films - Expanded Sequences

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 7 Feb 2009, 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 03:24 #10 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 17:41 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: batass4880 on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 03:10
In Forever the Riddler, Two-Face and his men storm Wayne Manor because the Riddler found out who Batman is. At the end of the film Two-Face died and the Riddler went to Arkham Asylum, so insane that he couldn't identify Batman's real identity.

What happened to all of those Two-Face thugs who broke into Wayne Manor? You'd think that they would've told every other punk in Gotham the "greatest riddle of all".

Well, there were no henchmen in the scene where Riddler shows Two-Face Batman's real identity. However, did Sugar & Spice ever find out?

Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 03:37 #11 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 03:40 by batass4880
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 03:24Well, there were no henchman in the scene where Riddler shows Two-Face Batman's real identity. However, did Sugar & Spice ever find out?

They must have. They were standing at the Riddler's lair when he said "By the way FREAK, I solved the greatest Riddle of all--Can Batman and Bruce Wayne ever truly co-exist?"

Here's a BATMAN question: how exactly did Batman deliver the bat signal to City Hall?

He loaded it up on a truck and drove it over to City Hall.

Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 05:40 #14 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 05:53 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 03:55
Here's a BATMAN question: how exactly did Batman deliver the bat signal to City Hall?
Good one. I don't know, maybe he built the thing at his cave, left it somewhere with a 'bat-note' attached to it, and the people who found it trucked it to city hall for the announcement.

Here's one, where did the Joker get that party float and how did he get it there? He flies to the parade via helicopter, so someone else must have done the task.

And Joker's dead body laying down there on the cement. What do they do with it?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 05:40
Here's one, where did the Joker get that party float and how did he get it there? He flies to the parade via helicopter, so someone else must have done the task.

Speaking of the parade, why does the Joker mask himself from the smylex? Most interpretations of the character don't have that (although he did do this in the B:TAS episode The Last Laugh). I think it would make more sense to have him being immune to the very thing that gives him what he has: a permanent smile.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 06:05Speaking of the parade, why does the Joker mask himself from the smylex? Most interpretations of the character don't have that (although he did do this in the B:TAS episode The Last Laugh). I think it would make more sense to have him being immune to the very thing that gives him what he has: a permanent smile.
The fact that it's fatally toxic might've had something to do with it.  :)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 05:40

The novelization explains this: the floats and trucks and balloons were in a warehouse in greater Gotham, stored. As they were made by the city for the 200th anniversary gala. The Joker just broke into the warehouse with his goons and stole them. Remember earlier in the film when the Mayor said he wanted "Hot Dogs, Baloons, the whole schmeer...?" That's what he meant. Plus, he had said at the press conference (that the Joker takes over) that the gala had been indefinetely postponed.

QuoteAnd Joker's dead body laying down there on the cement. What do they do with it?

I suppose that if they were able to discover/prove that it was the corpse of Jack Naiper, they gave him a burial as Naiper. If not, probably just cremated the body or buried it in a shallow grave. I would.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 09:05 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Feb 2009, 10:44 by The Dark Knight
Thanks for the answer, DocLathropBrown. I'll have to buy the movie novelisations off eBay.  ;)

How did Batman get to and from Axis Chemicals for his encounter with Napier and his men? Batmobile parked in a secret place perhaps? If that's the case, he probably had to sneak his way down from the top balcony after Jack's bleaching.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  8 Feb  2009, 09:05
How did Batman get to and from Axis Chemicals for his encounter with Napier and his men? Batmobile parked in a secret place perhaps? If that's the case, he probably had to sneak his way down from the top balcony after Jack's bleaching.

The Batwing, perhaps?