Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne/Batman

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 10:52

Previous topic - Next topic
What I meant about the BATMAN & Returns suits was to point out that Bruce should have a more intimidating suit made (those two suits are definitely intimidating) rather than a very hi-tech one, & also to have the cowl look more like a bat than an owl.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sun, 18 Jan  2009, 16:20
What I meant about the BATMAN & Returns suits was to point out that Bruce should have a more intimidating suit made (those two suits are definitely intimidating) rather than a very hi-tech one, & also to have the cowl look more like a bat than an owl.

Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. But that was the premise of Burtons Batman and why Bruce Wayne dresses as a bat, to intimidate criminals. Where as I dunno why Bales was made - for armour and gadgets I suppose.

WOW! Holy rusted metal batman, have I missed alot being gone this weekend!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Tue, 20 Jan 2009, 00:30 #23 Last Edit: Tue, 20 Jan 2009, 00:32 by silenig
It's true that the TDK suit looked like a Black Ops/SWAT/military/cop uniform with a cape and horns. If you take these two features out and add a helmet, it could be a Delta City cop from the new Robocop film.  :)

Tue, 20 Jan 2009, 00:33 #24 Last Edit: Tue, 27 Jan 2009, 23:04 by The Batman Returns
True. Next thing we'll know is that Batman is going to look like the armored (or robot) version of himself from the Gotham Knight movie.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Tue, 20 Jan  2009, 00:33
True. Next thing we'll know is that Batman is going to look like the armored (or robot) version of himself in the Gotham Knight movie.
LOL Batocop

My only real gripe with the TDK suit is the cowl and mask. Like seriously cool concept and all, but there is no way you could look me in the eye and convince me that Christian Bale needs a mask that bulbous and large to fit his head and hair in to. Like in the interrogation scene when he grabs the chair to push up against the door, it looks like his head weighs 70 lbs and is about to topple him head over heels. However, the actual look and concept of the costume is pretty sweet, and the mask has a very intimidating and ominous look to it. I say make the head piece smaller and retract the bottom exposing piece back a bit so that it doesn't look so much like it's a tiny slit to stick his mouth through, because it looks as if it might be obstructing a little bit for Bale.

All and all, I prefer the Begins suit to the new one.

Fri, 6 Feb 2009, 13:04 #28 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Feb 2009, 17:50 by Scarecrow756
Hey guys just joined and this is my first offical post here.

I have tons of kudos for Keaton’s Batman, to me he is the Batman that Bob Kane first envisioned when doing those early Batman issues, where he did actually kill with no remorse and went around with a silver bullet gun killing vampires. I also like Bale but to me he never came across as that intimidating or scary, he tried to hard, whereas Keaton’s did it perfectly imo without the use of a scary growly voice. This is especially apparent in the opening scene from 89 where he sells the mysticism of Batman perfectly and also has very good presence.

As for the Keaton’s Bruce Wayne, I think his interpretation of Wayne gets too much of a bash from fans, the Bruce Wayne as he first appeared in the comics was broading, did not go out in public very much and was not that much of a playboy. I think his Wayne is as valid as Bale’s Wayne which is a very modern take on Bruce.

To settle the score- Keaton’s Batman to me is the Batman Bob Kane first envisioned when doing those early issues of Batman with a bit of Frank Miller’s TDKR Batman also in for good mix. And Bale is a modern Batman from the Denny O Neil/Neil Adams stories in the 70s as well as graphic novels such as Batman The Killing Joke and Batman: The Long Halloween.
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Quote from: Scarecrow756 on Fri,  6 Feb  2009, 13:04To settle the score- Keaton?s Batman to me is the Batman Bob Kane first envisioned when doing those early issues of Batman with a bit of Frank Miller?s TDKR Batman also in for good mix. And Bale is a modern Batman from the Denny O Neil/Neil Adams stories in the 70s as well as graphic novels such as Batman The Killing Joke and Batman: The Long Halloween.
It's interesting to me how many people miss that stuff.  One common criticism you hear from people who have no familiarity with any pre-O'Neil Batman is that Keaton's character was Batman In Name Only but otherwise is a unique Burton creation.

Good catch, and welcome aboard.