Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne/Batman

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 10:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 14 Feb 2009, 06:25 #70 Last Edit: Sat, 14 Feb 2009, 07:12 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sat, 14 Feb  2009, 04:21This all would not have started if the Ice Princess had realized something odd about the Penguin & the Poodle Lady. I mean seriously. How in the world could she have thought that Oswald was a photographer? She really seemed like a stereotypical dumb blonde (although she was beautiful, I'll tell you that). And apparently, she had no idea who he was prior to this incident. She must not have had a liking towards news reports.
Burton's Batman films sometimes offer a little bit of social criticism.  The self-absorption and materialism of the late 80's/early 90's is actually pretty well represented by the Ice Princess.  Does she really seem like someone who kept up with current events?  Of course she would immediately accept the Penguin; he was holding a "camera" and said he was a talent scout.  That was all she thought she needed to know.  Some people really were and are that vapid.

One thing I liked about Keaton's Bruce Wayne was the fact he wore glasses. I know Kilmer did at one point, but Keaton's better.  ;)

I may have mentioned it before. It's a small touch, but I like it. I love the moment when he slides down the tunnel to the Batcave in Returns, and instantly puts on his glasses as he touches the ground. Makes him more serious, sciency or professional somehow.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 19 Feb  2009, 13:59
One thing I liked about Keaton's Bruce Wayne was the fact he wore glasses. I know Kilmer did at one point, but Keaton's better.  ;)

I may have mentioned it before. It's a small touch, but I like it. I love the moment when he slides down the tunnel to the Batcave in Returns, and instantly puts on his glasses as he touches the ground. Makes him more serious, sciency or professional somehow.

Indeed. He gives a very studious appearance w/ glasses. Not to mention that the cowls that he wore matched his "normal" face (the BATMAN cowl) & his angry face (the Returns cowl). The man is just awesome! Long live Michael Keaton, THE Batman! ;D

I agree Keaton brought a personality to the suit which no other actor has even tried to do its like the batman himself is an afterthought very strange stuff..

QuoteLong live Michael Keaton, THE Batman!

HERE HERE!!!!

Michael Keaton= The best there is, The best there was and The best there EVER WILL BE!

I second that!!!  ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

I third that! But remember guys we still have to give respect to other actors who come to the cowl especially if they do a great job.

Mon, 23 Feb 2009, 15:35 #77 Last Edit: Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 22:05 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: Grissom on Mon, 23 Feb  2009, 13:53
I third that! But remember guys we still have to give respect to other actors who come to the cowl especially if they do a great job.

Kevin Conroy does a fantastic job as Bruce/Batman's voice actor.

Keaton is my number one, but Conroy is definitely second.