Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne/Batman

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 10:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 03:36 #10 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Feb 2009, 22:35 by The Batman Returns
Agreed. Keaton's Bruce is definitely a portrayal I could relate to! ;D I also wish they wouldn't have had Bruce wandering around the world aimlessly instead of portraying a character who would attend universities, study in martial arts at least 10 yrs. before his adult years, & have a great amount of resourcefulness. Lucius Fox does too many things for him in the Nolan films. Better yet, he doesn't invent things in the comics.

Yeah, I think Lucious was used better in Begins. In TDK he just somewhat repeated his original role even though Batman has evolved and should be more creative and resourceful. I felt like Lucious was just an excuse for us to see technology and sarcastic comments.

Fox even mentioned something about the new suit being able to endure a cat scratch. Catwoman in the sequel, perhaps? Still, no one could ever replace Pfeiffer! ;D

Absolutely the best female ever in a Batman film.

Yes, Lucis Fox is one of the biggest gripes I have in the new Batman films. He has became the 'Q' of the Batman world, which I dont like because its too much like James Bond!!

Raleagh made a good point which I never thought of before. Bruce wanted to 'move your head'. But in the Batman world Batman can move his head. Just because the Hollywood costume didnt permit the actor to, doesnt mean that in the realim of the fantasy world of Batman that he cant move his head!
Thus it is ridiculas to put that scene in TDK. Does that imply that the whole time Batman had been fighting criminals for a year in Gotham, he couldnt move his head!???

Whats next for Batman 3? "Lucius, I want an actual cape so that I can really glide and fly!" lol

Or "Lucius, I can't actually pick up anything small with these gloves and it's really hot in this thing - can you help me out with a new suit?"

Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 15:06 #16 Last Edit: Sun, 15 Feb 2009, 22:43 by The Batman Returns
What's funny is that Bale said that the suit is actually heavier than the previous suit but doesn't feel as hot. But Bale sounds as though he's going through a sweat storm in the suit b/c his Batman voice is worse than before. Anyway, it appears that Lucius tried to go for an armoresque batsuit like in Returns, (which is funny b/c this is Nolan's second film, & Batman wore armor styled batsuits in Returns, Burton's second Batman film) but the whole black/grey pattern looks too robotic & the cowl looks more like an owl rather than a bat (although it does makes Bale's eyes look hidden around the eye area, like the BATMAN suit).:P If anything Bruce should look to Michael Keaton for some inspiration on what to do to make a MORE intimidating batsuit (well, have Keaton play one of Bruce's martial arts masters from the U.S.). The new suit should be either an homage to the BATMAN suit or a better homage to the Returns suit (my favorite ;D) instead of one that makes him look like a skinless Terminator. ;D :P

Quote from: raleagh on Sun, 18 Jan  2009, 14:19
Or "Lucius, I can't actually pick up anything small with these gloves and it's really hot in this thing - can you help me out with a new suit?"

LOL!!!

Or, "its very claustrophobic in this thing, plus I cant hear in it, any chance you can put holes in it for my ears!?"

Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 15:40 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 15:43 by The Batman Returns
Did you read what I said about Bale Joker81. And why are his batarangs so small!? Bruce makes small batarangs in the comics sometimes but they seem to be easier to grab than in the Nolan films. I think they should have Bale's Bruce design the batarang after the Batman insignia in the next film (he should also put the insignia on the suit, if the suit looks like a bat rather than a robotic body).

Well I think the suits in Batman and Returns, and Forever have already been done, no need to them again. But I agree, that it would be good to go back to the more 'animal' looking suit and the Bat symbol should be more defined on the suit. I hate how you cant really see it on TDK suit. Thats one of the iconic parts of Batman, his suit and symbol.