Two-Face's make-up

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 9 Jan 2009, 02:55

Previous topic - Next topic
I think Nolan just liked the character and decided to include him in this movie, even if it meant he would be shortchanged some screen time. He wasn't planning on making a six-film saga. If that was the case, he would've definitely left Two-Face out of it, or at least save his resolution for a different film.

It's hard for us to understand because, given the opportunity, every one of us would make Batman movies for the rest of our lives.

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 04:39 #21 Last Edit: Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 23:57 by The Batman Returns
Speaking of Two-Face, I think TLJ was perfect for the role. Billy Dee Williams was quite boring b/c it seemed as though he was playing a modern Lando Calrissian. Plus he seemed more fit to play Lucius Fox (not that I'm racist, but he fits the bill). However, I think that they should've had TLJ look & act similar to the B:TAS version of Two-Face.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Fri, 16 Jan  2009, 04:39
Speaking of Two-Face, I think TLJ was perfect for the role. Billy Dee Williams was quite boring b/c it seemed as though he was playing a modern Lando Calrissian. Plus he seemed for fit to play Lucius Fox (not that I'm racist, but he fits the bill). However, I think that they should've had TLJ look & act similar to the B:TAS version of Two-Face.

Agreed. Yeah BDW seemed like a typical politician to me in that movie, not Harvey.

One thing that I thought that was very uncharacteristic about Harvey was that he was smoking on a cigar (or smoking in general). He seemed like a president & not the district attorney we all know.

BTW Batass, did you name yourself after those ass shots in the Schumacher films? I thought Kilmer's was the funniest!

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 05:26 #25 Last Edit: Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 16:41 by batass4880
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Fri, 16 Jan  2009, 05:17
BTW Batass, did you name yourself after those ass shots in the Schumacher films? I thought Kilmer's was the funniest!

LOL No actually I got it from the script for Batman Forever. The first thing Two-Face says to the bank guard is "Counting on Batass to save you?" ;D

The monlogue Two-Face gives sounded like the TF we know & love, until he started laughing & saying things like "doo-dah". What a waste of character development in that scene!

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 05:33 #27 Last Edit: Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 05:38 by batass4880
Definitely, Jones was perfect for the role but alas the movie seemed to be made for one reason--bring back the people who were disturbed by Returns.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Fri, 16 Jan  2009, 04:39
Speaking of Two-Face, I think TLJ was perfect for the role. Billy Dee Williams was quite boring b/c it seemed as though he was playing a modern Lando Calrissian. Plus he seemed for fit to play Lucius Fox (not that I'm racist, but he fits the bill). However, I think that they should've had TLJ look & act similar to the B:TAS version of Two-Face.

Well I dont see how you can say that. Billy Dee didnt have much screen time to say if he was right or wrong.

I would have loved to see him reprise his role in Batman 3 because, firstly continuity, and I liked him in Batman. I think he would have made an interesting villian. I'm not bothered he was black, or smoking a cigar!!

There was no space for Lucis Fox in Batman, and he wasnt in the early comics!!!

Oh, and backing up about Nolans research into Harvey dent, he considered putting him into Batman Begins. But he put Rachel in it instead!

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 22:34 #29 Last Edit: Tue, 24 Feb 2009, 20:46 by The Batman Returns
I absolutely HATE Rachel Dawes in Begins. I wished Bruce had blocked her slap & gave her a back fist to knock her unconscious before the second slap. Imagine that! :D Thank God for Maggie in TDK! A much more talented actress. :) As for Harvey, I not trying to put him down b/c he was played by a mixed actor (I'm not racist/prejudice). I think BDW could've played the Matt Hagen Clayface from B:TAS or even the mayor.