1989 Batsuit

Started by WingedFreak71, Wed, 7 Jan 2009, 22:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember in an interview with Kilmer - he said he never understood why Keaton moved the way he did until he put the suit on himself.

And his suit was lighter!

Fri, 9 Jan 2009, 01:14 #11 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Jan 2009, 01:18 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu,  8 Jan  2009, 22:42
The yellow oval is essential on the Burton suits but not overall.  I think the WB BTAS and esp the Nolan suits looked fine without it.
True. I really like the oval, just personal preference I guess. It contrasts well against the black, looks great and serves as a target for the criminals.

I LOVE the 89 batsuit more than any other on screen batsuit ever, the only one for me thats even close is the Begins suit, but thats still very far off from the very gritty badass thick and intimidating 89 suit. Regardless of how restictive it was for Keaton is still looks the best on screen to me.

Also I DO NOT want any yellow on any future bat-suit, he needs to be convered in darkness in stealth, all yellow would do is make him an easier target, and yes I do like the classic yellow logo on the suit in other things, but just not in any newer films, its very retro and I like it that way!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I think the returns suit and the Batman Begins suit looked the best yeah the head turning thing was stupid but the wole suits looked more sleek and Batman then any i have seen since.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  9 Jan  2009, 05:21Other than how crappy it was to move in it I presume lol.
It's not like you had to wear it.  What's the problem exactly?

The suit was more mobile than people think. But still pretty restricting.

The Returns suit, however, has incredibly flexible. You can see that Keaton can actually turn his head quite a bit in BR.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Fri, 9 Jan 2009, 08:24 #16 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Jan 2009, 08:26 by The Dark Knight
I don't see the 'cant turn your head' thingamajig to be that much of an issue. We don't have to wear it, and Keaton sells it perfectly. It's never highlighted in the film (unlike TDK) and it just is. The suit looks damned excellent and the bat turn makes him even more animalistic and a tad wierd. It's all good.

I really like BF first Batsuit. It would be amazing if hasn't that horrible nipples.  >:(
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Its not really about turning heads when evaluating who was best in the suit imo.  When an actor wears such a costume/makeup ect which covers a large pertion of the body or face they have to bring something special to the game to project emotions to an audiane Abe Sapien in Hellboy or the guy plaing Rorscach in the Watchmen movie are perfect examples of bringing personality to roles.

For me Keaton brought personality to the suit the stances and the movement does more then a ton of pages of dialouge could, he wore it rather then it wore him.  the movement, and style Keaton brought in his two films which where appropriately a universe away from his Wayne persona still make him the best Batman when donning the suit imo

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  9 Jan  2009, 06:21
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  9 Jan  2009, 05:21Other than how crappy it was to move in it I presume lol.
It's not like you had to wear it.  What's the problem exactly?
No problem, did I ever state I had one?lol My point is we never got to see batman be any kind of acrobat like he is in the comics, other than that I absolutely love the suit.

My problem is if the BR suit is much more flexible how come most of the fighting looks stale and batman seems like he's lucky to be winning his fights, they really didnt show how much more flexible it is in his fighting technique(probably cause they didnt give him one).

I dont love TDK suit very much at all, but it does look ALOT better in fight scenes and the mobility works perfectly, my favorite thing about that is they gave Bats his own fighting style which is so original and badass, its so much different than most "generic" fighting we see in most action films.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.