Pat Hingle- Rest in Peace

Started by BatmAngelus, Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 22:02

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm just learned about it from this post and I am sad. I loved him in the role, there was something very earnest about how he played Gordon in Burton's films. He will be missed. Bad start to the new year. Damn.

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Mon,  5 Jan  2009, 04:00
he died today? - until we find out who's responsible keep a lid on it!

I can't help but laugh at that. I can hear Hingle saying that in my head.

Rest in Peace, Pat.

So weird, I just watched his MASH ep yesterday and was thinking about him.

And my story...ghoulish...

Funny this is, I did a good search on him just yesterday to see what he was up to. No joke.

Sorry to hear this!! I thought he was a great Commishioner Gordon in Batman!!!  ???

I'm sorry to find this out. He was a good actor--it's too bad he didn't get more screen time in the Batman movies.

Sad to see him go.

Makes me think about that moment on the BATMAN SE DVD where he was proudly talking about Gordon's backstory and how he knew Bruce Wayne from early on, something Bruce Wayne wasn't aware of.

What sad news" R.I.P. Mr. Hingle.  :'(
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Loved him in the first two but he was far better written in Nolans films imo but hingle had the presence to be better then what was given to him he was still great though, at least before he became a joke with Schumachers script and became a Chief o Hara ripoff.

Quote from: Batman on Tue,  6 Jan  2009, 19:01
Sad to see him go.

Makes me think about that moment on the BATMAN SE DVD where he was proudly talking about Gordon's backstory and how he knew Bruce Wayne from early on, something Bruce Wayne wasn't aware of.

According to that interview, Gordon comforted Bruce when his parents died although that wasn't revealed in the final cut. Maybe it was never even filmed.

Funny, how that scene was present in Batman Begins though.