"One Drink And I'm Flying" - ugh!

Started by WingedFreak71, Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 08:36

Previous topic - Next topic
does it not bother everyone else that when he says "one drink and i'm flying" her response makes no sense at all - she of course asks "why are you afraid of flying?"

did he say he was afraid??? - was she so wasted she was hearing extra stuff in her head???

dingy broad - go back to corto maltese

(just kidding - i love kim basinger as vicki vale and thank god every day that sean young fell off the horse during rehearsal

Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 09:00 #1 Last Edit: Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 09:01 by DocLathropBrown
What's implied is that Bruce has only had one drink, which is a nice nod to the modern version of the character who never drinks or if he does, has barely any at all.

So she is basically asking him "why not have more?"
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

i don't know - her response just sounds to me like some bat reference the writer jammed in there for irony - not a bruce wayne doesn't get bombed thing

and the audience is supposed to be like 'oh if she only knew'

I always took as Vicki saying "Why are you afraid of getting drunk?"

Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 15:33 #4 Last Edit: Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 17:20 by batass4880
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sat, 27 Dec  2008, 08:36does it not bother everyone else that when he says "one drink and i'm flying" her response makes no sense at all - she of course asks "why are you afraid of flying?"

did he say he was afraid??? - was she so wasted she was hearing extra stuff in her head???

dingy broad - go back to corto maltese

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sat, 27 Dec  2008, 09:17i don't know - her response just sounds to me like some bat reference the writer jammed in there for irony - not a bruce wayne doesn't get bombed thing

and the audience is supposed to be like 'oh if she only knew'

It actually did catch my attention a few times and kinda thought the same thing. Yeah, the "afraid of flying" seemed like a Bat-pun, I know what you mean, but like raleagh I've concluded it was about getting drunk.

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sat, 27 Dec  2008, 08:36...(just kidding - i love kim basinger as vicki vale and thank god every day that sean young fell off the horse during rehearsal

LOL! Me too, I can't believe they were gonna have "Ray Fincle" from Ace Ventura play her, even though that movie came out later. Plus the fact that she dressed up like the Catwoman to get the part for Returns made her seem even more like a weirdo. Kim Basinger was perfect.

LOL! Me too, I can't believe they were gonna have "Ray Fincle" from Ace Ventura play her, even though that movie came out later. Plus the fact that she dressed up like the Catwoman to get the part for Returns made her seem even more like a weirdo. Kim Basinger was perfect.

[/quote]
She did that because of the success of 89 and her career at that point in time was going down the toilet, she knew being in the sequel to BATMAN, would have gotten her back on her feet.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: raleagh on Sat, 27 Dec  2008, 14:24
I always took as Vicki saying "Why are you afraid of getting drunk?"

Same

Sun, 28 Dec 2008, 05:14 #7 Last Edit: Sun, 28 Dec 2008, 05:42 by WingedFreak71
"i'm a little drunk, and you're not anything!" - "hey one drink and i'm flying" - "why are you afraid of flying?"

he says he IS flying - so her asking why are you afraid of flying is still weird to me

but i'll take your guys' word for it and find something new to overanalyze

Sun, 28 Dec 2008, 05:23 #8 Last Edit: Sun, 28 Dec 2008, 05:28 by batass4880
Don't worry WingedFreak, I love overanalyzing these movies too. I've been doing it since I was 9. Keep 'em coming! ;D

The line doesn't bother me at all.