Burton Batmobile

Started by The Dark Knight, Sun, 21 Dec 2008, 04:46

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 23:15 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 23:17 by silenig
Frankly, this so-called "Tumbler" (Bat-SUV or Bat-Hummer maybe?), no matter how well designed and powerful it might look on screen, doesn't have anything characteristic of Batman - it's simply a powerful-looking military vehicle that could be seen in any futuristic military video game, from Command & Conquer to Halo. The same goes for the Bat-bike.

[EDIT] - Although, I wonder if the faceless military look was also a nod to the "Thundertank" Batman employs in Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

Furst's Batmobile, this is simply one of the most powerful designs ever made for a movie vehicle.

Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 23:21 #21 Last Edit: Tue, 10 Feb 2009, 17:52 by The Batman Returns
I believe that Furst's batmobile is the only live action batmobile w/ defenses/offensive gadgets. It has machine guns & bombs in BATMAN, while in Returns it has those side wings & launching discs.

The Tumbler is actually supposed to look like a bat folding in its wings, but it barely passes as a batmobile. The batcycle in TDK had no use. Batman just goes riding around & almost kills himself while swerving the bike to stop it from killing the Joker.

What's funny is that it had guns/cannons on the sides. I thought Bale's Batman hated using things like that! Is Nolan trying to show that Batman might be on the verge of killing criminals? Will Batman kill in the next film!?  :o

Was there a purpose or function for that bullet thing on the front of the Batmobile? For the longest time I thought it was a missile but that's because the toy by Kenner had a missile launcher there.

Quote from: batass4880 on Tue, 10 Feb  2009, 03:40
Was there a purpose or function for that bullet thing on the front of the Batmobile? For the longest time I thought it was a missile but that's because the toy by Kenner had a missile launcher there.
I have no idea either. Probably just for design purposes.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sun, 18 Jan  2009, 23:21Is Nolan trying to show that Batman might be on the verge of killing criminals? Will Batman kill in the next film!?  :o
Ra's al-Ghul and Two Face are probably wondering what movies you've been watching.  :)

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 10 Feb  2009, 06:00
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sun, 18 Jan  2009, 23:21Is Nolan trying to show that Batman might be on the verge of killing criminals? Will Batman kill in the next film!?  :o
Ra's al-Ghul and Two Face are probably wondering what movies you've been watching.  :)
It's impossible for them to do so though.....because they're DEAD! ;D

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 10 Feb  2009, 07:30
It's impossible for them to do so though.....because they're DEAD! ;D

Two-Face, from what I've read, might come back for the sequel.

Maybe in a flashback to show the police he killed. But not as an alive protagonist. The guy's dead.

Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 00:47 #28 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 00:52 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 00:46
Maybe in a flashback to show the police he killed. But not as an alive protagonist. The guy's dead.

Better yet, let's look at it this way: Harvey Dent might be dead, BUT TWO-FACE LIVES ON! This is like "Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me, Joker."

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 00:47
Better yet, let's look at it this way: Harvey Dent might be dead, BUT TWO-FACE LIVES ON! This is like "Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me, Joker."
Sorry. Dent is dead. Two Face is dead. It's in the script, novelisation, and the film makers have confirmed it. If he returns, it will be in flashback form.