Superman-III & IV

Started by batass4880, Thu, 18 Dec 2008, 22:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: batass4880 on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 00:59
I know that most, if not all of you hated Superman-III but did anyone at least like the part when the good-Superman fought the evil-Superman?
I thought the whole good/evil Superman bit as well as the majority of the Smallville scenes were the ONLY redeeming aspects of the film.

On a completely separate subject, I listened to a brand new interview with Mark Pillow (Nuclear Man) on a Superman fansite.  Come to find out the dude only lives about twenty minutes from my house.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 24 Dec  2008, 18:07
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 24 Dec  2008, 06:17
I never said the non flying thing, but the direction will be something darker.
You responded to my post asking for a link to verify the "powerless" thing with a link.  You then called my fandom into question.

If you didn't intend your post to be viewed as an answer/follow up to mine, you probably should've clarified.
Stroppy!

My post with the link was clear when it said WB announced the dark direction. I said nothing else of stupid powerless rubbish.

Ya know, this'd go a whole lot smoother if you'd just admit I'm right and get it over with.

Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 06:29 #43 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 06:32 by The Dark Knight
LOL. No way. You just said a blanket comment in 'link me', that's not very clear on what link you wanted. Me giving that link was all about proving the dark direction they are going to take. Nothing more. I did not say one word about a powerless Supes with that link I provided. And that powerless idea is total bull, it is not going to happen.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 05:19On a completely separate subject, I listened to a brand new interview with Mark Pillow (Nuclear Man) on a Superman fansite.  Come to find out the dude only lives about twenty minutes from my house.

I listened to that too. Pillow comes across as a really swell guy, I always felt it was a shame he wasn't on the special edition dvd.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I still enjoy Superman 3 and 4.  They do have negative elements but the things they get right are fantastic

SIII - the chemical factory fire, clark and lana, good vs evil supes - actually I love Pryor and find him funny and entertaining in the flick

SIV - smallville scene, talking to the UN, catching missiles, nuclear vs supes fighting (even though the latter does have a few questionable moments - ie breathing in space, moving the moon)

Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 15:05 #45 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 15:21 by batass4880
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 05:19On a completely separate subject, I listened to a brand new interview with Mark Pillow (Nuclear Man) on a Superman fansite.  Come to find out the dude only lives about twenty minutes from my house.

Cool, where do you guys live?

Quote from: raleagh on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 13:47I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I still enjoy Superman 3 and 4.  They do have negative elements but the things they get right are fantastic

Ditto! :)

I love S4 just for the big elements. Hackman was brilliant. Reeve was suitable as ever, Pillow was fun as Nuke. Jon Cryer was actually pretty funny (mostly in how dated his characterization is).

It's enjoyable and so stupid it's funny. S3 is just horrible, though. Superman Vs. Clark scene aside (sheer brilliance, and the best shirt rip in all of Superman movies).
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 21:33
I love S4 just for the big elements. Hackman was brilliant. Reeve was suitable as ever, Pillow was fun as Nuke. Jon Cryer was actually pretty funny (mostly in how dated his characterization is).

It's enjoyable and so stupid it's funny. S3 is just horrible, though. Superman Vs. Clark scene aside (sheer brilliance, and the best shirt rip in all of Superman movies).

Gotta love Gene! Just left like sayin' it. lol

Quote from: batass4880 on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 15:05Cool, where do you guys live?
I live in Houston, TX.  Pillow said he lives in the Woodlands, a suburb just north of the city.  That's not far at all from me and it's a really neat area to hang out in.

To whoever wrote that Pillow seems like a good guy from that interview, yeah, I'd have to agree with that.

Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 04:44 #49 Last Edit: Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 04:49 by batass4880
Anyone know what bonuses are on the SE DVD of Superman-II? I have the Richard Donner Cut but am curious whats on the DVD that came with the SE box set.

Also, are there more bonuses on the 2006-edition of Superman-I than what came with the 2001-edition, or is it pretty much the same?