Superman-III & IV

Started by batass4880, Thu, 18 Dec 2008, 22:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 21 Dec 2008, 03:04 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 21 Dec 2008, 04:00 by batass4880
I heard somewhere that WB wants to go dark with the next Superman because TDK was so big. Personally, I don't think this will work.

Quote from: batass4880 on Sun, 21 Dec  2008, 03:04
I heard somewhere that WB wants to go dark with the next Superman because TDK was so big. Personally, I don't think this will work.
Meh, I viewed that as Robinov (a WB suit) reassuring the board via the Wall Street Journal.  To me, that's pretty evident from his "as dark as the characters will allow".

And really, portraying Metropolis as a city that desperately needs the traditional Superman we all know about could make for a compelling film.  Metropolis, imho, should be a place of hope and optimism... once Superman represents and starts saving people, busting criminals, etc.  Before then, however, it can be anything.  There is some potential in Superman "bringing light" to an otherwise hopeless city.  As long Singer and "BJ The Bartender" Routh are out of the picture, I've got cause for hope.

I'd like a proper Death of Superman treatment, personally.

Routh was really good, give him the right material and he will deliver, you cant blame an actor that had bad source material to go with.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Sure I can.  BJ couldn't fix the script, perhaps, but he could carry himself like he was the most powerful man on the entire planet.  He just didn't sell me on the character.  In scenes where he was supposed to be... I dunno, emoting or something, he came off looking like he was constipated.

Mon, 22 Dec 2008, 06:03 #25 Last Edit: Mon, 22 Dec 2008, 10:03 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 22 Dec  2008, 05:24
he could carry himself like he was the most powerful man on the entire planet. 
Yeah, he was underwhelming. He didn't convey to me that he was an alien, if you know what I mean.

I herd they want to make metropolis more like gotham, bring Superman into a realistic setting like batman aka no flying, no invincibility etc and have him fight luthor is now an insane man bent on just chaos...sounds like the studios are like well batman was successful ONLY because it was dark now lets make everything dark! >:(

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 20 Dec  2008, 10:13
I can't believe anybody really WANTS to be Batman.  Bruce Wayne, maybe (MAYBE).  But not Batman.  On the other hand, I think a lot of people would want to be Superman given the chance.

Are you kidding? According to Clooney, Batman is the coolest guy with the coolest gadgets and hes...BATMAN!

Quote from: Redskull on Mon, 22 Dec  2008, 14:17
I herd they want to make metropolis more like gotham, bring Superman into a realistic setting like batman aka no flying, no invincibility etc and have him fight luthor is now an insane man bent on just chaos...sounds like the studios are like well batman was successful ONLY because it was dark now lets make everything dark! >:(
No decision has been made.  Don't believe that.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 22 Dec  2008, 16:36
Quote from: Redskull on Mon, 22 Dec  2008, 14:17
No decision has been made.  Don't believe that.
It was an official statement from Warner Bros. over on the Hype.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.