Favorite Jack Palance line (Carl Grissom) in the movie

Started by Jack Napier, Tue, 2 Dec 2008, 04:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Mine's

"Save this?"
*SLAMS HAND ON NEWSPAPER ON THE DESK*
"Son of a bitch!!!"
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

I can't pick just one. The man was an awesome actor, I pick them all. Great role, great performance.

Quote from: YouCanCallMeJoker on Tue,  2 Dec  2008, 04:33
Mine's

"Save this?"
"Son of a *****!!!"

pretty sure it's "say this...(pause)....son of a bitch........" - it does sound like "save this" though

"Your life won't be worth spit!"

or

"Maybe we can cut a deal?!"

For a character with so little screentime he had so much presence and some great lines.

Quote from: raleagh on Tue,  2 Dec  2008, 12:29
For a character with so little screentime he had so much presence and some great lines.
For someone so ruthless and back stabbing, I actually felt a little sorry for him when Joker shot him. Strange, but it's probably just Palance acting it so well. Reaching for the gun and the subsequent 'Don't bother' were the last straw. His strained voice really conveys that he is not getting out of this situation, he will die. Deals with this man will not work. 

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Tue,  2 Dec  2008, 06:14
Quote from: YouCanCallMeJoker on Tue,  2 Dec  2008, 04:33
Mine's

"Save this?"
"Son of a *****!!!"

pretty sure it's "say this...(pause)....son of a *****........" - it does sound like "save this" though

Yeah, you're right. I haven't seen the COMPLETE UNEDITED movie in quite some time. I taped it in August off of TV when it aired on ABC Family, so that's pretty much the only copy of the movie I own right now. On my version it doesn't show the building keep rising to their floor, it just cuts to Jack Palance saying what appears to be "Save this." They completely edited out the b word, so its still in the movie, but that word is silent. So he says "Son of a" and he still says the b word, but its silent. So its like he mouthed it.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

Tue, 2 Dec 2008, 16:01 #8 Last Edit: Tue, 2 Dec 2008, 16:05 by batass4880
Quote from: YouCanCallMeJoker on Tue,  2 Dec  2008, 14:07Yeah, you're right. I haven't seen the COMPLETE UNEDITED movie in quite some time. I taped it in August off of TV when it aired on ABC Family, so that's pretty much the only copy of the movie I own right now. On my version it doesn't show the building keep rising to their floor, it just cuts to Jack Palance saying what appears to be "Save this." They completely edited out the b word, so its still in the movie, but that word is silent. So he says "Son of a" and he still says the b word, but its silent. So its like he mouthed it.

Did they edit out the part when the Joker talks to the burned crime boss?

"Remember you are my number one..guy!"

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.