Music of the Knight: Analyzing Danny Elfman's Score for Batman (1989)

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 1 Dec 2008, 00:42

Previous topic - Next topic
I like a lot of superhero scores and James Bond scores.  Elfman's work on Batman, of course.  Jerry Goldsmith had a great, underrated theme for The Shadow.  And I love John Barry's stuff for Bond.  One of his themes for A View to a Kill was great, even though I really don't like the film. 

Elmer Bernstein's Magnificent Seven is great.

Georges Delerue's beautiful Camille theme basically made Godard's Le Mepris worth the first viewing.
I also love Ennio Morricone's themes off of a CD I have.  I need to watch more of the films with his scores, though.  Some beautiful stuff.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

About screenplays, how long does it take to do a draft for a typical writer?

It depends.  Last year, I had a class that took pretty much the whole school year to finish a draft.

Then this semester, I had to write a draft in six weeks.
I'd say usually a month or two.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Didn't know that. I guess you're the one to go to for script questions! ;)

BatMangelus, you are one smart guy if I do say so myself! I hope your career works out for you!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Wed,  3 Dec  2008, 07:06
BatMangelus, you are one smart guy if I do say so myself! I hope your career works out for you!
Thanks.    :)

I am another person that truly adores the score for The Shadow, I feel it is truly overlooked in the comic book/superhero film world completly. Well I feel that film is also greatly overlooked as it is one of my favorites and made me realize Baldwin could've been a great Bruce Wayne and Batman if ever considered for the role.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.