What do you actually LIKE from the Schumacher films?

Started by DarkVengeance, Wed, 26 Nov 2008, 04:18

Previous topic - Next topic
There should be massive security there for starters.  And I just think the villains should never know of the whereabouts, or that it actually exists. I just hate seeing Riddler strolling around where he shouldn't be, and blowing the thing up. It's a sacred domain.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 18 Feb  2009, 01:20
There should be massive security there for starters.  And I just think the villains should never know of the whereabouts, or that it actually exists. I just hate seeing Riddler strolling around where he shouldn't be, and blowing the thing up. It's a sacred domain.

What sucked even more was that the Kilmer Mobile exploded. It's not my favorite, but I would've chosen to see it rather than the God awful Clooney Mobile. Talk about flashy! :P :-X

I didn't like that car that much. Anyway, of all the Batmobiles so far, Keaton's has not been destroyed. Just the side panels came off, and he's seen attaching new ones in the cave. Kilmer's blown up, Clooney's frozen solid, Bale's hit by RPG.

Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 02:27 #63 Last Edit: Sun, 19 Apr 2009, 18:13 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 18 Feb  2009, 02:24
I didn't like that car that much. Anyway, of all the Batmobiles so far, Keaton's has not been destroyed. Just the side panels came off, and he's seen attaching new ones in the cave.

Not to mention that the Keaton Mobile is indeed powerful. I mean, it's bulletproof & has a cocoon mode. The other live action batmobiles don't have any of those features. Therefore, the Keaton Mobile is one-of-a-kind.

I'll add that Michael Gough remains excellent in the Schumacher films. Though it's tragic to see him in such poor Batman films.

What do I like about the Shumac's films?

Both soundtracks. A lot of great artists and a lot of great songs.

The Bat emblem's design. Don't like it better than Burton's, but I do like it. Particularly in Forever. Also dig the emblem ? version

I liked the Forever logo with the Bat symbol/question mark.

I liked select songs from both soundtracks.

I liked Nicole Kidman as Chase.

Would have of course preferred Keaton, but Kilmer did a good job with what he had to work with.

And though I'm not a big fan of redheads, I certainly thought Uma Thurman looked good as Poison Ivy. But "good" isnt a word I would describe her performance .... or the script ... or the film.  :D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 24 Mar  2009, 15:33

I liked the Forever logo with the Bat symbol/question mark.

I liked select songs from both soundtracks.

I liked Nicole Kidman as Chase.

Would have of course preferred Keaton, but Kilmer did a good job with what he had to work with.

And though I'm not a big fan of redheads, I certainly thought Uma Thurman looked good as Poison Ivy. But "good" isnt a word I would describe her performance .... or the script ... or the film.  :D

My thoughts exactly (although I really didn't like Kidman's character, with her hooker/stalker antics & etc.).

I appreciate B&R for being this kind of no-holds barred toyetic film. No "Bruce's darkness" pretensions like Batman Forever with a snoozing Val Kilmer, no half-baked attempts of this kind. This movie was very honest in what it was supposed to be.

forever is my fave. i can't stand nicole kidman but i even like chase lol.

i like batman and robin too. its a good fun movie to watch with friends or entertain their little ones with so we can talk. :P