"Batman's Utility Belt"

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Fri, 14 Nov 2008, 20:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Batman is one mean mother trucker!

Can anyone tell me how much material from Burton's movies is included in Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight? What additional material is being shown in the 20 added pages of the updated edition?

Quote from: Batman on Sun, 16 Nov  2008, 16:22
Can anyone tell me how much material from Burton's movies is included in Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight? What additional material is being shown in the 20 added pages of the updated edition?

Actually not really that much is included from the Burton films.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Those belt illustrations were very interesting to see. I loved all those micro sized items in just about every single part. I never actually imagined it could be that 'packed out' before!  :)

I would love to see similar illustrations of all his vehicles, including the mechanics and weapons. It would be a good idea maybe if professional engineers were hired alongside the movie designers to aid in the creation of the vehicle 'cut-away' concepts & illustrations to make it truely believeable and functional.

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

In one of my art books for BR it has the same exact blueprints of the burtonmobile that The Penguin had in the film, its pretty cool stuff.

Which art book are you speaking of?
I have yet to find one that takes on Batman Return's art department in detail.
The only book I can think of is The Art of Batman Returns Print Portfolio, which features eight pages.

Quote from: Batman on Sat, 22 Nov  2008, 21:23
Which art book are you speaking of?
I have yet to find one that takes on Batman Return's art department in detail.
The only book I can think of is The Art of Batman Returns Print Portfolio, which features eight pages.
Im pretty sure thats the one, it has like giant card type posters.

Sat, 17 Jan 2009, 02:59 #18 Last Edit: Thu, 29 Jan 2009, 15:15 by The Batman Returns
Batman & Returns: I like how they're modeled after the capsule & compartment utility belt, which is my favorite ;D

Batman Forever: The Panther Suit utility belt looked sort of unmanly. The Sonar Suit's belt looked more out of place. :-\

Batman & Robin: THESE BELTS ARE AWFUL! :P

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight: It seems that this belt is based on the pouch belt by Frank Miller. The main issue is, WHY ARE THERE ONLY TWO POUCHES!? ???

I like the design of Keaton's utility belt, but my favorite is the BB/TDK one. It's more beaultiul and more functional IMO. ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.