Upcoming Superhero Casting

Started by WingedFreak71, Mon, 10 Nov 2008, 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 10 Nov 2008, 19:28 Last Edit: Mon, 10 Nov 2008, 19:40 by WingedFreak71
curious as to who people think might fit into some potential upcoming roles in the next round of hero flicks -

Riddler - Johnny Depp - good idea i'd say - or how bout - drumrolllll.........michael keaton woohoo! - freak out the bat world completely! - or maybe nicholas cage, adrien brody

Catwoman - Cher was rumoured- HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH yea right ok! - oh wait this isn't 1978, or 88 - maybe angelina jolie but there's just something not there with her on screen - jessica biel DID look hot in the catwoman outfit in that sandler movie tho - my vote is megan fox! (for catwoman and for every other female role in a movie from now on)

Robin - Marlon Wayans :) - did he actually get a paycheck in 1992???

or how about a Hush movie?! - great series

Marvel Stuff -
Captain America - Josh Brolin - Brad Pitt
Thor - Daniel Craig

bring on your ideas fellas

Mon, 10 Nov 2008, 23:34 #1 Last Edit: Tue, 11 Nov 2008, 03:47 by Sandman
Riddler: As much as i love johnny Depp, i really don't want to see him as Nolan's Riddler. After going through many people my pic is Giovanni Ribisi ;D.

Catwoman: Jessica Biel nnnniiicccceeee.

Robin: Bahh no one cares about Robin hahahahaha.

And for Cap last i heard it was Matthew McConaughey, that was the 1# pick so far.

I heard that at one point Dustin Hoffman was considered to play the Penguin for Returns. I don't know if this was true or not but I think he would make a great Penguin if they decide to use him for the next one.

No Depp for Riddler, I love Johnny's work, but thats a no no. You dont want to be taken out of the film and keep thinking oh thats just Johnny Depp playing The Riddler, we need someone a little more unknown, that is IMO.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 11 Nov  2008, 21:10
No Depp for Riddler, I love Johnny's work, but thats a no no. You dont want to be taken out of the film and keep thinking oh thats just Johnny Depp playing The Riddler, we need someone a little more unknown, that is IMO.

I agree 100%, Depp is one of the best, but as you said will keep pulling you out. Heath had a ton of make-up on so that make it abit easyier to lose yourself in the film, but you just can't do that with The Riddler.

If Johnny Depp should be anybody I think he should be the Mad Hatter. As far as Captain America goes, I think MM is a solid choice, and potentially the best choice.

It would be pretty cool to see Keaton in a villain role for the new Batman, and he definitely has the quirk and creativity to do someone like the Riddler, however, I doubt it would happen. I remember when there were, ehem, "rumors" that Keaton was being considered for the Joker in TDK. Does anyone know how much truth there actually was to that?

QuoteI remember when there were, ehem, "rumors" that Keaton was being considered for the Joker in TDK. Does anyone know how much truth there actually was to that?

Hummm well i don't remember how much truth there is to it. Heath wasn't the first choice but im glad they choose him (well i was soo happy i nearly hit the roof lol), so he might have been considered, but i doubt it Nolan wants nothing todo with the old series.

Plus to many people know him as Batman playing anything else in the Batman world would be a slap to the face.

I'd like to see Michael Emerson as The Riddler.

I have always thought Michael C. Hall would be a good choice.

Thu, 13 Nov 2008, 06:41 #9 Last Edit: Fri, 14 Nov 2008, 02:29 by Sandman
Quote from: raleagh on Wed, 12 Nov  2008, 13:38
I have always thought Michael C. Hall would be a good choice.

Alright a fello Dexter fan ;D. I heard Michael's name said a few times by fan's but really...i don't know. He's a great actor, but i just don't feel that he fits nolan's universe, not because he's american(though nolan does normally not go for them) but just he has a whole different acting style to nolan's films.

Plus he's no small guy, Riddler is a guy that uses his brain more then body, and you can't have a Riddler that can beat the holy hell out of Batman.