Couple Of Questions

Started by WingedFreak71, Thu, 6 Nov 2008, 04:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed, 28 Jan  2009, 03:34
Nicholson states on the DVD featurettes that it's a wig, because he and Burton were triyng to choose the right color, and Burton wanted one that was too bright/goofy looking, before realizing how bright the green was.

Nicholson's Joker wig was truly convincing, as well as DeVito's Penguin wig.

Quote from: Sandman on Fri,  7 Nov  2008, 22:11
I hate to say it since im such a huge Keaton fan, But i think he might not have been able to get loads of roles after Batman. Oddly enough one reason he said he didn't want todo BF was he didn't want to get type cast, but you can walk up to anyone (as long as they were alive between 2000-2002) and ask who is Batman and they will say "Michael Keaton" ;D
I dunno if I agree with that.  A lot of people have a tremendous affection for Keaton in the role... but the Nolan franchise is so big that a ton of people (even among those who were "of age" in the time span you mention) still prefer Christian Bale.  I'll never relate to that mindset but people do have it.

Keaton will always be Batman for me though.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 28 Jan  2009, 00:56Michael Keaton fully IMMERSED into the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman! It was all up to him to clean up the mess of silliness that the previous actors before him had left. He displayed all of the emotion that Bruce Wayne has, & all of the darkness that Batman has, something the other actors never displayed. No one will EVER topple Michael Keaton, the one & only live action Batman! ;D
Not sure I see what you mean when you say "the other actors never displayed".  If you mean West, Kilmer and Clooney, yeah, I'll go with you on that but if you're including Bale in there, I'll have to disagree.  I think you know my views about the Nolan franchise but Bale did a credible job, even if I'll go to my grave thinking of Keaton and nobody else as Batman.

Nicholson states on the DVD featurettes that it's a wig, because he and Burton were triyng to choose the right color, and Burton wanted one that was too bright/goofy looking, before realizing how bright the green was.

"Less Clarabell [The Clown]." was what Nicholson told him to go for.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Thanks Doc!

"Less Clarabell [The Clown]." was what Nicholson told him to go for.

Nick Dudman has said ?One of the things that had me worried from the beginning was the Joker?s green hair. Green dyed hair very often goes brown on film, taking on a dull muddy tone. So we had to come up with a green color that would photograph well ? which was pretty tricky. Luckily, the hairdresser on the film ? Cohn Jamison ? is probably the top person in the field. He went to work testing greens on all types of hair and finally pinned that down.?

So it might seem like Jack had his hair dyed, but in the SE DVD he talks about wigs, plus...

...as the Joker, his hair is actually thicker and in certain scenes (Vicki's apartment) you can see the wig and white skull cap on his forehead.

^ A-ha, mystery solved. Thanks raleagh!

Like I said before, Nicholson's wig is almost convincingly real. Do any of you agree?

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 28 Jan  2009, 23:53
Like I said before, Nicholson's wig is almost convincingly real. Do any of you agree?

Yes, that's why I was confused. :)

Here's a quick question....is the gargoyle still on Joker's leg when his body is dented into the ground? I can't recall....

I don't remember seeing it in the shot of his dead body at the bottom of the tower. I would assume that it was shattered to pieces after hitting the ground, though I could be wrong.

I have a question. In Batman Returns, why does Batman throw a tube of napalm at Catwoman's arm? How come he just didn't throw a batarang?