Anyone Ever Notice .......

Started by WingedFreak71, Thu, 6 Nov 2008, 03:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: batass4880 on Mon, 22 Dec  2008, 23:54
Anyone ever notice in the movie Santa Claus(1985) Patch the elf's jet-sled sounds exactly like the Batwing?
If you watch Superman 2, the sounds of things being destroyed in the Metropolis street battle, theyre the same sounds from the Axis chemical scene in 89.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 23 Dec  2008, 04:44
Anyone ever notice in the movie Santa Claus(1985) Patch the elf's jet-sled sounds exactly like the Batwing?
If you watch Superman 2, the sounds of things being destroyed in the Metropolis street battle, theyre the same sounds from the Axis chemical scene in 89.

that is the wackiest thing i've read on this site...um...this week

somewhere in the gigantic 1989 budget they must have had enough to pay for new sound effects

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Tue, 23 Dec  2008, 15:59
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 23 Dec  2008, 04:44
well they didnt, and we already know they went over budget for the cathedral scene, tons of film companies use the same sound effects for alot of their films! Watch SM2 and see for yourself, Im not lying about this!

that is the wackiest thing i've read on this site...um...this week

somewhere in the gigantic 1989 budget they must have had enough to pay for new sound effects

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 23 Dec  2008, 17:30...tons of film companies use the same sound effects for alot of their films! Watch SM2 and see for yourself, Im not lying about this!

That's true. I always thought the DeLorean sound from the Back to the Future's was original until I saw Star Wars. They must have taken it from the ILM sound effects closet.

Also, the original Superman's, Santa Claus and Batman were all made at Pinewood by the same effects guy, Derrick Meddings.

Quote from: batass4880 on Thu, 25 Dec  2008, 00:09
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 23 Dec  2008, 17:30...tons of film companies use the same sound effects for alot of their films! Watch SM2 and see for yourself, Im not lying about this!

That's true. I always thought the DeLorean sound from the Back to the Future's was original until I saw Star Wars. They must have taken it from the ILM sound effects closet.

Also, the original Superman's, Santa Claus and Batman were all made at Pinewood by the same effects guy, Derrick Meddings.
that really does say alot, plus when a budget is tight I can see why the just re-use effects, only nitpickers like myself notice it when I hear them haha.

Did it seem like the Waynes in '89 were set up to be killed? This was actually a revelation in Sam Hamm's story for Returns but when I was a kid, me and my friend actually thought Napier was sent to specifically kill them because Napier and that other thug(Bob?) looked too well dressed to be random street muggers. Also they seemed to be stalking them right after they left the movie theater like they knew where they were.

Anyone notice from Returns, when Shreck falls into the sewer and we "fly" through the old zoo, the score cue is completely different on the soundtrack album? If so, which one do you prefer? I like the CD version myself.

Quote from: batass4880 on Tue,  6 Jan  2009, 04:42
Anyone notice from Returns, when Shreck falls into the sewer and we "fly" through the old zoo, the score cue is completely different on the soundtrack album? If so, which one do you prefer? I like the CD version myself.

Yeah, I think a couple of different pieces were edited together.  All the more reason for (my signature  ;))...

I truly hope your banner petition works. We need this music out there!