Best Title Sequence

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 30 Oct 2008, 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

Batman
Batman Returns
I love the 89 opening sequence a bit more than returns. I loved the mysterious path it takes you until it reveals the bat symbol. The Returns opening is great too with all those bats flying out. Much more comic bookish in those terms. 
But I definitely appreciate the 89 one a bit more.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Quote from: Batnar on Tue,  7 Jul  2009, 06:31
The Returns opening is great too with all those bats flying out. Much more comic bookish in those terms. 
Yeah, what's up with that? A masive swarm of bats inside a sewer?!

Anyway, it works.

I like Batman Returns a bit more. The title with the bats flying around it and the Elfman theme playing is one of my fave bat-film moments.

Quote from: silenig on Tue,  7 Jul  2009, 12:10
I like Batman Returns a bit more. The title with the bats flying around it and the Elfman theme playing is one of my fave bat-film moments.

Same here.

The Penguin baby being discarded into the sewer, the awesome foreboding in Elfman's score while the main stars of the film names are brought up to it's spectacular payoff with the swarm of bats flying around as the "Batman Returns" title appears on the screen in dramatic fashion.

Simply put, it's all done very, very well.  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

You can't beat 89's opening. Batman Forever was kinda cool how they introduced the stars of the film with the text flying across the screen.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Quote from: Joker89 on Wed,  8 Jul  2009, 03:06
Batman Forever was kinda cool how they introduced the stars of the film with the text flying across the screen.
It was a Superman rip-off!

I can't choose... both are amazing and chilling.  :P
Ok, I'm going with the 89 one. ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Toughie... I choose Returns' by a hair.

I'll give this one a bump.

The Batman '89 title sequence is seminal, but I still voted for Returns' title sequence which I can watch again and again without getting bored.  Plus it's more atmospheric and the score is possibly even better than the first film, at least as far as this sequence goes.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.