Scripts from Burton's films

Started by batass4880, Wed, 29 Oct 2008, 05:35

Previous topic - Next topic
 In all of the scripts, I found things that I really liked, and things I'm glad they didn't do. Thanks so much for the posts!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Batmangelus has put together a very thorough analysis of the now legendary first treatment by Tim Burton and Julie Hickson.

The 1st part is released today...

http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?display=78

Parts 2 & 3 will be released throughout the week!

Great article, and very well researched (I?d expect nothing less from Batmangelus).

I?ve never bothered looking into this older treatment before, but I might give it a read now. If nothing else, it certainly seems to contradict the notion that Burton never read the comics.

Looking forward to parts 2 and 3.  :)

Facinating stuff Batmangelus.  I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Thanks guys.  Hope you enjoy the rest!
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

All 3 parts are great reads and very well researched. You clearly know your Batman stuff!

Great stuff BatAngelus!  Where do you get your information from?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Wed, 29 Oct  2008, 17:50
The Daniel Waters draft for Batman Returns is much weirder than the final product, though it does have several parts that I wouldn't have minded seeing in the final film. 

no kidding. i read a bit of it a couple years ago and between some parts that were kind of haunting and some parts that made me wonder if i'd been smoking again and didn't realize it, i was like "um...thank god for that other guy who rewrote it."

plus if i remember right they had selina be all for the penguin's method of "scaring" the ice princess. so in rewriting it they made her more humane so that she was a character people could root for and they also left open the survival possibility (and then made it obvious with that last scene) instead of killing her off. those are both things that made the movie much much better to me because otherwise i wouldn't feel any connection at all.