Worst Moments From Batman Films!

Started by WingedFreak71, Tue, 28 Oct 2008, 18:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sandman on Sun,  2 Nov  2008, 23:15
I used to think Batman had become so popular in Gotham that build kiddie rides in the shape of his Batmobile, And that Penguin stole one.
Pretty good thought there, Sandman. Penguin merely upgraded his to work with the triangle circus gang's gismos.

Quote from: batass4880 on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 02:16
Quote from: Knight-of-Darkness on Sun,  2 Nov  2008, 14:11
I think most people will agree with me that the Joel films are the worst in the Batman movie franchise so far! I hadn't even seen the Batman & Robin film except the 10 minutes at the end, and that was enough to put me off.  :( My nephew and brother tell me that the whole film is ridiculous.

Not only did the movie blow big time, but almost every scene and piece of music seemed to be recycled from Forever!

Thats another thing that REALLY bothered me about batman and robin, even the story is slightly ripped off from forever.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 02:40
I used to think Batman had become so popular in Gotham that build kiddie rides in the shape of his Batmobile, And that Penguin stole one.
Pretty good thought there, Sandman. Penguin merely upgraded his to work with the triangle circus gang's gismos.

That would tie in with Hamm's original script where Bat-merchandise was everywhere.  But in the context of the movie it isn't explained.

Quote from: raleagh on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 09:14
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 02:40

That would tie in with Hamm's original script where Bat-merchandise was everywhere.  But in the context of the movie it isn't explained.
But do we really need everything explained?

No we don't because we have the reference of unused material and the will to put pieces together.  But from POV of the average movie-goer it is not explained and just seen as un-realistic and jokey.

Mon, 3 Nov 2008, 10:52 #35 Last Edit: Mon, 3 Nov 2008, 10:57 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: raleagh on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 10:31
But from POV of the average movie-goer it is not explained and just seen as un-realistic and jokey.
Meh. I don't really care about what the casual viewer thinks. They probably are the haters who don't want to like it anyway. The Burton films shouldn't be self concious and pander like that. People don't need to be spoon fed everything.   

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 10:52
But from POV of the average movie-goer it is not explained and just seen as un-realistic and jokey.
Meh. I don't really care about what the casual viewer thinks. They probably are the haters who don't want to like it anyway. The Burton films shouldn't be self concious and pander like that. People don't need to be spoon fed everything.   
Exactomundo! Burton's movies are so sweet because they are very dark but are also fun.

No we don't because we have the reference of unused material and the will to put pieces together.  But from POV of the average movie-goer it is not explained and just seen as un-realistic and jokey.

That's probably my biggest 'huh?" in the two Burton flicks. No, the audience didn't need to be spoon fed. But thats something that NEEDED further explanation.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon,  3 Nov  2008, 15:26

That's probably my biggest 'huh?" in the two Burton flicks. No, the audience didn't need to be spoon fed. But thats something that NEEDED further explanation.
I agree theres some things that are a little left unsaid as to why they are the way they are!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Yeah, but if you are gonna show a mini-batmobile give some reference about where it came from.

If not, then don't use it - just have a generic merry-go round vehicle like the duck.