Worst Moments From Batman Films!

Started by WingedFreak71, Tue, 28 Oct 2008, 18:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Bat Ice Skates in Batman & Robin! - they clicked their heels like Dorothy and out came the ice skates - at least we knew in the 1st 5 minutes what crap we were in for - also horrible was the freeze gun being knocked in the air and taking that quick jolt to the side so it could land on that ledge - was it that hard to loft a freeze gun into the air naturally and have it land on a ledge?? - schumaker sucks

i am certain the worse moment is somewhere in joel's movies,but i removed them from my mind because i don't consider them anything specially B&R....
besides it's too hard to find 1 scene where all the 2 movies with all of there scenes are redicolous  :)    ....so i'll consider only burton and nolan

Batman89:one of the worse for me was when the joker and his gang were ruining paintings in a museum i think...too childish,with the boombox on the shoulder ...painting and dancing...i really did not like it

Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

Quote from: batsam on Tue, 28 Oct  2008, 18:44
i am certain the worse moment is somewhere in joel's movies,but i removed them from my mind because i don't consider them anything specially B&R....
besides it's too hard to find 1 scene where all the 2 movies with all of there scenes are redicolous  :)    ....so i'll consider only burton and nolan

Batman89:one of the worse for me was when the joker and his gang were ruining paintings in a museum i think...too childish,with the boombox on the shoulder ...painting and dancing...i really did not like it

It was so 80's, especially with Prince blasting in the background haha!

One of the worst things I should say and not moments is how little we see Batman in BR, and how the film is so based on the villains. The action scenes in BR were kinda off to me to also, nowhere nearly as well done as the ones in 89.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Tue, 28 Oct 2008, 23:27 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 29 Oct 2008, 00:06 by Sandman
Well i guess it's time to bring up the horrible HORRIBLE  BatCard scene....never leave home without it.

And in The Dark Knight while Two-Face was my most fav thing about the movie i stll think his face was pretty bad, i know it's a movie and people say "well the fact he lost rachel makes him over come the pain".

Well sorry but thats BS, yes people have learned to contorl pain with years of practice, not just wake up one day and think i can do this, so even a poke to the face would have taken him down and he would have been so open to infection he prob would have been dead soon anyway. And don't get me started on his eye.

I liked that scene. I see nothing wrong with it.

I thought that the scene from Forever when Edward Nygma is using his boss as a guinea pig to test his box invention was EXTREMELY corny and was one of many scenes with Jim Carrey hijacking, not stealing, the show.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 29 Oct  2008, 03:29
I liked that scene. I see nothing wrong with it.
I like that scene too, but I have to admit it is straight up 80's cheese! lol

QuoteI liked that scene. I see nothing wrong with it.

Same though it was a tad 80's, but if you replace the prince song it would seem more morden. But it's a pretty good song lol.

Quote from: Sandman on Wed, 29 Oct  2008, 07:03
QuoteI liked that scene. I see nothing wrong with it.

Same though it was a tad 80's, but if you replace the prince song it would seem more morden. But it's a pretty good song lol.
I love that song, its one of my favorite Prince songs of all time, I blast it everytime I go to a bar or club with an internet jukebox haha

My personal opinion on every one and off the top of my head, since I haven't seen these films in at least a couple months:

Batman: The super swordsman thug who comes out of nowhere just when you think the alley fight is done.  I didn't see the point, other than to show that Batman's forearm gauntlets can block blades, which could have been shown in a different part of the fight to flow better with what was going on, in my opinion.  Plus it's always weird seeing Batman in that moment to me because, in looking at Batman's expression, it doesn't look like it's Keaton in the suit.

Batman Returns: "Eat floor.  High fiber."  Did they really need that?

Batman Forever: I know there were others, but what even bothered me as a kid was when Bruce Wayne suits up for the final confrontation, ready to stop the supervillains.  The audience is pumped for this...and just when Bruce dons the costume to save the day, Schumacher puts in a shot of Batman's @$$.  What the hell?

Batman & Robin: Haven't seen the film in years and it's hard to pick from so many.  So here is a YouTube compilation that I think points to several moments we can all agree on as cringe-worthy:

Batman Begins: Sorry, not a fan of the Tumbler chase or the Tumbler as the Batmobile in general.  The car chase just didn't feel fresh to me.

The Dark Knight: Gordon faking his death seemed pointless.  It was hard to believe Gordon was dead as it was and the execution didn't help.  I also didn't care for the ending, but at least I felt some emotion about it.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...