The Best Burton Batcave

Started by The Dark Knight, Fri, 24 Oct 2008, 11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

B89
Returns
Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 30 Oct  2008, 22:30
Realism is fine if not over done, somtimes the new movies push it.
I certaintly dont think so, I want to see what Batman would be like in a more real world, we already got fantastical films with the first four and the comics, Im damn glad we got something different for a change, it was a nice breath of some fresh air, compared to most generic overdone comic book films.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Point taken. But the topic at hand is the silly ammount of CGI bats in the Begins cave.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 31 Oct  2008, 01:27
Point taken. But the topic at hand is the silly ammount of CGI bats in the Begins cave.
It's always surprised me when this topic comes up, ya know?  The puppet/animatronic bats from B89 look about as real and about as fake as the CG bats from BB.  Neither director was stupid enough to loose a bunch of bats on a movie set.  What more is there to say, ya know?

Yeah, but Begins had too many bats!

Anyone ever seen a bat in real life?

Fri, 31 Oct 2008, 16:39 #45 Last Edit: Sat, 29 Nov 2008, 06:00 by batass4880
Funny you ask that. When I was a kid I used to go to a church summer night activity program for kids where we would do arts & crafts, play games, etc. One night there was a bat in the window with it's wings spread across the screen. It was so cool!!!

Not up close, but this past summer I went to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico and at sundown, we could watch the bats fly out of the cave in swarms.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 31 Oct  2008, 01:27
Dude theyre going for a realistic take, thats exactly what a realistic take would be, what about all the overly excessive amount of fake looking cgi bats that just magically fly out of the christmas tree in Gotham Plaza in BR, that to me is completly ridiculous, and way further down the line of unrealistic, and just plain silly. How is it you can like that, but cant take a serious more realistic version seriously?

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I think perhaps what is percieved as realistic by some doesn't look as good to others. I mean most people can't appreciate what a swarm of bats actually looks like since they have never seen it (I am one of those) - so from that point of view a more aesthetically pleasing one will always be the prefered choice.

For instance, a realistic fight doesn't film as well as a coreographed one.

Exactly.

Point is, you can get away with it more in Burton's universe, where as if something looks out of place in Nolan's realistic universe, it sticks out like a sore thumb.