Request for Info about Anthology Set

Started by phantom stranger, Wed, 15 Oct 2008, 05:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a "new" copy of the Batman Motion Picture Anthology set but it was from a third party seller (which means not Best Buy, Target, etc.). So I'm just trying to figure out if I was ripped off or not. Accordingly, I have several questions that perhaps someone who bought theirs new from a store could answer:

1) Did the DVD's come individually wrapped or just the box?

2) Did the DVD's or the box have any paper inserts/booklets?

3) Is the border on the DVD's themselves supposed to be with holographic foil or just made to look like it. Mine is just "fake" holographic foil but in the pictures it looked real so that's why I asked.

Thank you in advance!

The 4 DVDs were not individually wrapped and didnt have any inserts. There was just the 2 disks in each case.

I dont know anything about about holographic foil??

Mine came unwrapped in the set and they didn't have any inserts. The coverart is supposed to look like that. So to answer your question, No you were not ripped off.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Thanks for the help!

Since WB has been stupidly keeping this set out of print for years I was thinking there was a high probability of some bootlegging or other shenanigans.

Even with the blu-rays coming out soon it doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, it's their loss.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Fri, 17 Oct  2008, 02:37
Thanks for the help!

Since WB has been stupidly keeping this set out of print for years I was thinking there was a high probability of some bootlegging or other shenanigans.

Even with the blu-rays coming out soon it doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, it's their loss.

Its never gone out of print unless your talking about the first version of the set with the one disc versions of the films.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri, 17 Oct  2008, 02:39
Quote from: phantom stranger on Fri, 17 Oct  2008, 02:37
Thanks for the help!

Its never gone out of print unless your talking about the first version of the set with the one disc versions of the films.

It is out of print, please stop posting false information to start arguments, thanks.

I haven't seen the Anthology in about 3 years but they still have plenty of the SE DVD's.

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 17 Oct  2008, 03:30
I haven't seen the Anthology in about 3 years but they still have plenty of the SE DVD's.
I guess my town is just behind, that or theres not many hardcore batman collectors around here.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

What town/store do you see them at?

I already started a thread about the Anthology set being OOP.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."