Post your FAVORITE moment from the Burton Batman films!!

Started by DarkVengeance, Sat, 11 Oct 2008, 02:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: batsam on Tue, 28 Oct  2008, 18:13
anyway what i wanted to say is why something where they give you an explanation of how it works have to be more realistic than the same thing without explanations??

in this case

BR Glider (unknown technology) VS BB Glider (memory cloth)

Very true. This is why I love Tim Burton's movies. You can kind of believe, for example, that a miniature speargun could pull a 200-lbs man upward, or a cape can morph into a huge glider. You don't really need any explanation. As long as it is not stupid or ridiculous it should work.

I really don't care to see where he gets his "toys" or how they work. There is an interview with Sam Hamm where he says it best..."You would totally destroy your credibility if you show the literal process of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman". I think what he was saying was that you take the mysticism out of the character and franchise. I think the fact that he's a rich man solves the mystery of how he got them anyway, even though I'm pretty sure that he built them himself.

A few years after B89 came out, I started to wonder how come not long after the Joker was born, his men all of a sudden have purple leather jackets with his face on them. I was like "if I don't see a scene where somebody is making those jackets and tailoring the Joker's clothes, this movie is ruined!". Then I was like "WHO CARES! It's a movie, and a comic book movie at that."

Indeed.

Since this is a Burton Bat site, I've now fully adopted this concept. Though TDK is my favourite overall Batman film, Batman Returns is my favourite Burton film. So, it is not listed as such on my profile.  :)

Quote from: Sandman on Tue, 28 Oct  2008, 23:18
Quote from: batsam on Tue, 28 Oct  2008, 18:13
anyway what i wanted to say is why something where they give you an explanation of how it works have to be more realistic than the same thing without explanations??

in this case

BR Glider (unknown technology) VS BB Glider (memory cloth)

Really it's doesn't need to be explained, but this "new gen"of fans perfer to be spoon feed everything.

I feel like we already have the opposite of Nolans storytelling with the way Burton did things, personally I dont see anything as being "spoon-fed" I think people just want to dig more into how and why Batman is the way he is ya know, "His actual origin" rather than things just already how they are and no story behind "why" he is the way he is, and how he got all of his technology and training. I for one after being brought up on the Burton films, the 60's show, the comics along with BF and BTAS I always wanted to see a proper origin story done like they have in comics and graphic novels, which exactly what we've got with BB and TDK.

To me I like both interpretations equally because theyre both amazing in their own ways and theyre different which makes it even better ( I wouldnt want to see Nolan do Batman the same way Burton had, thats boring we've had that, been there done that). Nolan made tons of smart moves on his decisions in his two Bat-films, to tell a story he wants to tell with his vision, the same way Burton did.

Somehow I feel like most of the people that hate all of the supposed "Nolanite" kids for loving this new interpretation more are acting ignorant in the way they treat these new fans, probably the way people treated all of the new fans back when '89 came out. I think that a batman fan is a frickin batman fan and it should be left at that, that is only if you know your facts, and actually care about the character.

By the way anyone that puts "ite" at the end of a directors name needs to grow up, I hate when people do that its so silly, just be a damn batman fan haha. ;D

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

You can stretch the realms of reality and take near ridiculous ideas and incorporate them in a real world setting. Thus creating a fantasy world that seems real enough to be believable. Burton's Batmans are intended to be fantastical with simply a touch of plausible realism.

I hope the realism doesn't go so far that you don't have to imagine anything. Fantasy is a bit part of Batman.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 29 Oct  2008, 03:48
You can stretch the realms of reality and take near ridiculous ideas and incorporate them in a real world setting. Thus creating a fantasy world that seems real enough to be believable. Burton's Batmans are intended to be fantastical with simply a touch of plausible realism.

I hope the realism doesn't go so far that you don't have to imagine anything. Fantasy is a bit part of Batman.
Fantasy is really a big part of Batman and the mythos but you also have to look at what interpretation of the character your looking at, theres both fantasical and realistic versions of the character mostly in the comics and graphic novels, it just depends on what version your looking at.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I love the scene where Penguin runs away from the angry mob after his speech, jumps over the bridge and returns to the lair angry as all hell in the duck. "Isn't that a little?...." Enraged, Penguin swiftly grabs the umbrella, shoots the fat clown dead and kicks his corpse into the water. "No, it's a lot." Very cool stuff.

yes i remember him :) i had a lot of fun seeing the penguin in that,even the scene when he drives the small batmobile to control the real one,but at a certain moment batman takes-off the antenna that is controlling his car,penguin realize that he loss control and starts getting extremely angry and shaking violently on his batmobile  :)
Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

Quote from: batsam on Thu, 30 Oct  2008, 06:30
yes i remember him :) i had a lot of fun seeing the penguin in that,even the scene when he drives the small batmobile to control the real one,but at a certain moment batman takes-off the antenna that is controlling his car,penguin realize that he loss control and starts getting extremely angry and shaking violently on his batmobile  :)
I dug that too.  As a kid, I thought that was sort of a nod to the Adam West show.  I mean, the Penguin could've used anything as a remote control but he built a little Batmobile facade around it.  That moment felt like Burton was acknowledging the West TV show in the context of Penguin's sick sense of humor.