Post your FAVORITE moment from the Burton Batman films!!

Started by DarkVengeance, Sat, 11 Oct 2008, 02:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Nolans cape/glider was much more realistic considering there really is such a thing as memory cloth, and its possible to make it form to any shape with a rigid skeleton that could be very light weight, and in turn make it so batman can GLIDE.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

referring to BR i don't know....i mean it must have a way or trick to work,like maybe the batmobile could have an airplane engine in it,but if no body talks about it and tells me if its a SR-71 or TOPGUN F-16s or Tomcat it don't have necessary to be more imaginary than the movie that tells and explain to me so.
Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

The BR glider is huge and a tad un-realistic, but who cares. The Burton universe allowed for that kind of thing. I like it.

Yea that's what i love about Burton's movies there in a way realitsic enough to be taken seriously (unlike the 2 films that followed), but at the same time they still have that anything goes theme to it eg: each villian having there costume without it ruining the movie, Penguin being a Birdman, Nine lives.

Yeah, the stuff deemed "unrealistic" from the first two movies pale in comparison to Forever and especially B&R. Any scene in Forever involving a grappling hook were pretty cartoonish. The scene when he fired a grapple into the bank wall and cut the safe from Two-Face's chopper was ridiculous. That hook should have turned to dust! "Unrealistic" is kind of a given though in comic book movies

Quote from: batass4880 on Tue, 28 Oct  2008, 00:58Any scene in Forever involving a grappling hook were pretty cartoonish.
It's so true.

The scene when he fired a grapple into the bank wall and cut the safe from Two-Face's chopper was ridiculous. That hook should have turned to dust![/quote]
Really?  I would've thought the two inches of concrete it had just been shot through would've been the first to give way.  The line would've been fine, it's the wall that would've broken.

Quote"Unrealistic" is kind of a given though in comic book movies
I prefer to think that they veer towards their own reality.  Forcing them into our world doesn't always work too well, imho.

QuoteForcing them into our world doesn't always work too well, imho.

To true but there about a million fan's out there that refuse to see that.

anyway what i wanted to say is why something where they give you an explanation of how it works have to be more realistic than the same thing without explanations??

in this case

BR Glider (unknown technology) VS BB Glider (memory cloth)

Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

All of the first four Batman films were all set in fantasy worlds, but I think the fantasy worlds that Joel came up with were a litt more unrealistic, Tim's were just very out there.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: batsam on Tue, 28 Oct  2008, 18:13
anyway what i wanted to say is why something where they give you an explanation of how it works have to be more realistic than the same thing without explanations??

in this case

BR Glider (unknown technology) VS BB Glider (memory cloth)

Really it's doesn't need to be explained, but this "new gen"of fans perfer to be spoon feed everything.