Superman (2025)

Started by Travesty, Tue, 27 Jun 2023, 20:37

Previous topic - Next topic
The cape has a symbol on it. That one design element elevates the Gunn outfit considerably.

Our first look at Clark Kent.

And some more pictures of Superman.

The new outfit is growing on me. I'm sort of reaching the point now where I wonder what Gunn was thinking in releasing that first pic of Corenswet in the suit when all of these other "spy pics" present it in a much more flattering light.

As to what works about the suit for me, I'm not sure if it's the boots, the trunks or the cape. Maybe even the colors? But something about this uniform is slowly working its way into my imagination.

I'm less enamored of the Clark disguise. And yes, it does seem like Clark is definitely the disguise in the Gunnverse. Which I'm fine with, for the record. But it just looks believably like Clark should look. I suppose I'm happy that fans are so receptive to this version of the Clark disguise. But I guess I'm just not seeing what's so amazing about it. It's fine. I don't have a problem with it. But I just don't see what's so brilliant about it.

Still, fans seem to be mostly getting on board with this new version. After all these years of fans nitpicking stuff (rightly or wrongly), it's kind of a welcome change of pace for people to be excited about what's coming.

I'm totally blanking on who the male character in the black leather outfit is supposed to be. I'm guessing the woman is The Engineer but no idea who the guy is.

Nowadays superhero costumes are usually digitally improved in post-production. Keaton's latest Batman costume didn't look all that great in the location pics, but it looked good in the finished film. Based on how the Superman costume appears in these pics, I think it'll look fine when we see it on screen. I'm still not mad on the rubbery material or all those lines/seams, but I don't think it looks bad at all. Corenswet resembles Superman in these pics, and that's the most important thing.

Here's an image of Frank Grillo as Rick Flag Sr.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 27 Jun  2024, 19:14Nowadays superhero costumes are usually digitally improved in post-production. Keaton's latest Batman costume didn't look all that great in the location pics, but it looked good in the finished film. Based on how the Superman costume appears in these pics, I think it'll look fine when we see it on screen. I'm still not mad on the rubbery material or all those lines/seams, but I don't think it looks bad at all. Corenswet resembles Superman in these pics, and that's the most important thing.

Here's an image of Frank Grillo as Rick Flag Sr.

More or less my take. The big thing is that it looks like Superman. People like it when Superman looks like Superman. Dave looks like Superman. There's the cape, the shield, the boots, the hair. It's Superman. Sometimes it doesn't have to get more complicated than that. And Honestly...at least in my own opinion...non of the major tent pole live action versions have ever messed that up. Even Timmy's unproduced version eventually said 'ah to hell with it, just make it look like Superman.' Anyway, that was my two cents