Trailer

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 12 Feb 2023, 23:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 03:20 #30 Last Edit: Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 14:32 by The Joker

From looking at the 'Vault of Suits' image again, and upon closer inspection, I like that the (apparently) first Keaton batsuit takes inspiration from the original 1939 Kane/Finger iteration.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 13 Feb  2023, 12:55
But on balance, I remain optimistic. I don't expect a masterpiece here, but I'm looking forward to seeing it. And I am thrilled to see Keaton back in action.

Yup. This is all far from, what I would consider, an appropriate scenario in Keats respectively returning at Batman, but I'm just going to enjoy what we're given here. To see, finally once again, Keaton back as Batman, was something of a day dream not all that long ago. Yet here we are.

Quote from: The Laughing FishIt might have been already discussed, but rumour has it Keaton's appearance in the ending has been removed, including Sasha Calle.

The thing about Keaton's fate is concerning, but hopefully, and I don't really care if it's even ADR'ed in super late in post-production ala "G.I. Joe: The Movie" style like they did with Duke, there's a line somewhere about Keaton having survived the final battle.

I honestly feel bad for Sasha Calle. Last night, I kinda found her endearing with the tweets she was sending out and interacting with the fans. If she's outright replaced in the future, it's really through no fault of her own if that does happen.

EDIT

Pretty cool that it's confirmed the '66 West symbol is also used on the 1st suit. I like it even more now than I did before.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I wonder if this is a temp Gotham and not the final render?

Btw, the yellow oval is finally back. For the first time since 1995.

Can I get hallelujah for that? Because if you ask me, Batman's suit will ALWAYS look incomplete without the yellow oval.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 13 Feb  2023, 20:04
For anyone who's interested, here are the plot details that leaked last year. Many of the scenes in the trailer correspond with those described here. Don't click if you don't want to read spoilers.
The trailer just about lines up verbatim with the leaks. The movie's overall integrity seems to be largely intact and I think a director's cut would have superficial differences. Apparently Gal is still in the sequence she was always in, along with Batfleck. Cavill was meant to have a short appearance near the end. Nothing huge, more like a short tease after the main story had been told.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 13 Feb  2023, 15:12
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 13 Feb  2023, 13:15
Good stuff, Silver. It's also worth noting The Flash continues the trend of Batman appearing in daylight more frequently.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that, but whatever. It is what it is. The movie looks pretty fun.
I think darker versions of Batman in daylight work best when it's all out war. A scenario where direct confrontation is necessary because it's all on the line with time ticking down. The sequences I listed before qualify on that standard. TB to a lesser degree, (Batman could've slinked away to leave rescuing to the crew already there) but that was about showing his humanity.

Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 14:45 #34 Last Edit: Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 15:06 by eledoremassis02

Batwing looks like it still has guns

Speaking of the Batwing shot, I do get a kick out of the flying effects and the general way that Supergirl is shown in that trailer. There's a grace and fluidity to how her powers are depicted that's usually lacking in how Superman's powers are usually shown.

It's like Snyder preferred showing Superman fly like he was fired from a cannon while Muschietti (so far) seems to want it look like Supergirl is swimming/diving through the air.

Not saying one is better than the other. Just saying that I appreciate the variety.

Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 16:11 #36 Last Edit: Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 16:15 by eledoremassis02
some more Batwing. Seeing Batman fight against zod in the daylight as Batman is a nice stark difference to BVS

Sad to think we haven't had a Batwing that looked this cool since 1995 (if I'm being generous). We also haven't had a great Batcave like this since 1997 (again, generous).

Also, Batmobile, '97, generous. Blah, blah.

Point is, let the success of this movie (hopefully) herald a return to comic book style for Batman on film (not the website).
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 18:28 #38 Last Edit: Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 18:36 by Gotham Knight
This is believed to be the moment where Keaton says, 'Alright let's get nuts.' I love how he looks kinda unhinged. He has that dangerous edge that he has to let out.

Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 18:46 #39 Last Edit: Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 19:01 by Silver Nemesis
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 14 Feb  2023, 18:28
This is believed to be the moment where Keaton says, 'Alright let's get nuts.' I love how he looks kinda unhinged. He has that dangerous edge that he has to let out.

I hope the bleed from the green screen isn't so obvious in the finished film.

His hairpiece looks great.

Note the Wayne Enterprises emblem on his overalls.

The overalls evoke the grey ones he wore when repairing the Batmobile in Batman Returns.