Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Started by The Joker, Thu, 4 Aug 2022, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 20 Sep  2024, 14:56I haven't read any reviews, I've only seen the scores. I wanna go into it blind.

Good man.

Never let the undeserving critics cloud your judgement.

From what I've gathered from recent interviews with Todd Phillips, and Joaquin Phoenix, I'm fully expecting "Folie à Deux" to take some risks. As, I believe, both men have stated that they were intrigued to return for a sequel due to the freedom of being able to take a gamble, and the very real prospect of failure.

How this pans out for the entirety of the film itself as it stands right now, is anyone's guess. I'm not expecting to be head over heels in love with every deviation/risk/change that's going to be taken, but Phillps/Phoenix being given carte blanche with creative freedom is certainly intriguing to think about, and I can respect that. Especially since both more than delivered with their collaboration on "Joker" back in 2019.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."