Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Started by The Joker, Thu, 4 Aug 2022, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 24 Jul  2024, 19:14What does everyone expect from the Joker/Harley partnership? Is it real, or do you think there'll be a twist at the end where it turns out Arthur imagined it all and she's really just his therapist?
It would be good to see Arthur building up this blanket of love and happiness only for it to be torn to bits, either because Harley used him or the relationship was never there in the first place. Which leads to Arthur hating Harley and women in general, becoming even more of a haunted outsider. But even if that doesn't happen I have faith in Phillips to deliver another solid film with the narrative choices.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I would love to see what a Batman would look like in this universe. I remember being disappointed with the direction they were going in initially, but I can't get enough now. I love the way Joaquin's Joker looks!

Can't wait for this movie to drop.

If this movie is a hit I'm sure the studio drums will be beating to make it a trilogy. Which I'm not against. People argued the first movie was unnecessary and that proved to be wrong. The sequel looks to be shaping up the same way.

I'm interested to see how much influence Ted Bundy's trial has on the film's court sequence. That was a televised trial as this appears to be. Arthur could be representing himself. I have no idea how Folie A Deux ends, but I think a sentence of the electric chair could be very possible.

IGN just gave it a 5/10.

This is the first review I've seen. Hopefully it's just a one-off.

https://www.ign.com/articles/joker-folie-deux-review-joaquin-phoenix-lady-gaga-todd-phillips

It's getting a mixed response. To be fair, the first film has a 59 on Metacritic and many consider it a modern classic. We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.