Original Prince Song

Started by Kamdan, Wed, 1 Oct 2008, 16:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone remember what Prince songs were orignally suppost to be used? I just remember that 200 Balloons was suppost to be used instead of Trust. Also, there were some "tempt" Prince songs used for the scenes before the new ones were made. I think Baby, I'm A Star was one.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batdance

"Batdance" was a last-minute replacement for a brooding track titled "Dance with the Devil," which Prince felt was too dark. Incidentally, though "Dance with the Devil" remains unreleased, some of the lyrics appear on the album's liner notes.

Wed, 1 Oct 2008, 18:33 #2 Last Edit: Wed, 1 Oct 2008, 18:35 by Darrell Kaiser
Never mind. I found it:
Tim Burton and Jack Nicholson were both Prince fans and Burton included "1999" and "Baby, I'm a Star" in a rough cut of the film. Intrigued, Prince delivered a whole album of material to Burton with the songs "Rave Unto the Joy Fantastic" and "200 Balloons" to replace his older hits in the film. Burton rejected both, so Prince replaced them with "Partyman" and "Trust", respectively. "Rave Unto the Joy Fantastic" was re-released on another album (entitled Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic) albeit only slightly changed, while "200 Balloons" was released on the "Batdance" single.