Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 23:52
Burton continuity is seperate from Schumacher continuity, but I think it's logical to assume the 1990s aesthetic would have been persuasive even if Burton remained director. Taking inspiration from that time period is a good thing because it helps make the product feel more authentic, rather than taking a more contemporary approach.

I think I'm okay with there being other suit vaults. The Batman of B89 and BR was competent but still very much in the early years of his career. It's possible we'll see the batcave modified with different walkways too, which could help demonstrate the passage of time. I want a B89 experience but it shouldn't be about keeping things exactly as they are.
This.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 27 May  2021, 15:53
Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 27 May  2021, 14:42
So I guess that's Marlon Wayans' Robin?

Unless Robin is wearing nylons on his arms or something I do believe Robin is indeed of color.
I'm happy about that. It was the original intention and anything else wouldn't feel authentic to me.

Teases for covers. In the first image it occurs to me that the cops have a lot of Batman's stuff. I can see the grapple gun (or is that the Returns line launcher?)in a bag on the left, and is that part of the batmobile I see on the right? Definitely shades of a Batman task force

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon,  7 Jun  2021, 14:50

Teases for covers. In the first image it occurs to me that the cops have a lot of Batman's stuff. I can see the grapple gun (or is that the Returns line launcher?)in a bag on the left, and is that part of the batmobile I see on the right? Definitely shades of a Batman task force
I wondered if cops were in the Batcave bagging evidence.

I don't know how a batcave intrusion by the GCPD would work without completely compromising Bruce's secret and thus war on crime. The Batmobile shed its sides when it transformed into the Batmissile, which makes recovery of those pieces completely plausible. When using a grapnel gun to cross over to the building where the Ice Princess was being held, Batman leaves the device and simply keeps walking onwards, meaning that could have also been recovered by Police.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Jun  2021, 00:19
I don't know how a batcave intrusion by the GCPD would work without completely compromising Bruce's secret and thus war on crime. The Batmobile shed its sides when it transformed into the Batmissile, which makes recovery of those pieces completely plausible. When using a grapnel gun to cross over to the building where the Ice Princess was being held, Batman leaves the device and simply keeps walking onwards, meaning that could have also been recovered by Police.
It could be likened to the covers that depict the hero's death as a tease that never happens. Maybe it just means that this one detective finds out or not at all as inside the issue this moment seems to be happening at GCPD.

The synopsis says Harvey will "get Bruce Wayne's help in taking down The Dark Knight." Which leads me to ask is Bruce being summoned, or is he volunteering? Either way, cooperating with the investigation helps Bruce publicly seperate himself from Batman, and allows him the opportunity to keep his enemies closer. Something has to drive Harvey over the edge. An investigation that leads nowhere wouldn't help his sanity if he's manically determined to stop Batman.

This sketch of Harvey Bullock reminds me of Vincent Pastore, minus the mole on the cheek.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 11 Jun  2021, 03:15

This sketch of Harvey Bullock reminds me of Vincent Pastore, minus the mole on the cheek.

There is a version on Instagram where Bullock is flanked by two cops. Are they on the steps of Wayne Manor?