Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:59 #110 Last Edit: Wed, 26 May 2021, 16:07 by Gotham Knight
Also bad news. The release schedule has completely changed. Batman '89 #1 will NOT be digital first and will now be released at the same time as print on August 10th. No chapters or weekly releases now. One issue per month. The hardcover edition will be released July 5, 2022.  2022...

Not at happy camper right now.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 26 May  2021, 15:59
Also bad news. The release schedule has completely changed. Batman '89 #1 will NOT be digital first and will now be released at the same time as print on August 10th. No chapters or weekly releases now. One issue per month. The hardcover edition will be released July 5, 2022.  2022...

If nothing else, that tells us they've got big plans for this series.

That Bill Dee Two-Face looks good.  8)

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 26 May  2021, 19:45
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 26 May  2021, 15:59

If nothing else, that tells us they've got big plans for this series.
Yeah, and I was knee jerking there. Still an impatient fanboy when I want to be.

So I guess that's Marlon Wayans' Robin?

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 27 May  2021, 14:42
So I guess that's Marlon Wayans' Robin?

Unless Robin is wearing nylons on his arms or something I do believe Robin is indeed of color.

So I guess the Schumacher universe isn't continuity to this, at all?

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 27 May  2021, 20:16
So I guess the Schumacher universe isn't continuity to this, at all?

Nope. Keaton's duo of films is officially separating from Schumacher's. This is going to be a re-origin of Two Face as Billy Dee.

Despite this sudden resurgence of all things Burtonverse, we are yet to hear anything from the director himself. I expect he will write up a foreword in the hardcover edition.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei