Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 18 Mar  2021, 19:17

The more I see the more excited I become. I like Batman is all settings - solo or League. But this is where it all started, and I love it when he's the sole focus.

The merging of the B89/BR aesthetics continues with the BR remote control batarang and the B89 grapnel gun. With all that said I'm hoping the BR chest logo remains fixed in place.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that over on Wilfredo Torres' (Superman 78' artist) twitter, we have this little thing.

(bottom left) ;)

The first detail I'm unsure about. But here's the thing: if Keaton is coming back, it's in the context of a Flashpoint movie. The multiverse is being introduced into the Burtonverse. If we want him back, that's how it's got to be. But I would rather the comics be focused primarily on Keaton, especially in the events immediately following Returns.

The synopsis also says "Batman '89 is set in a truly gothic Gotham City and features colorful villains including The Joker, Two-Face, and many more." Are we about to see Nicholson's Joker resurrected? Could very well be the case. And the promise of "many more" villains makes me wonder who they'll be. Catwoman seems likely. Based on nothing I feel Poison Ivy could be possible.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  1 Apr  2021, 02:23
The synopsis also says "Batman '89 is set in a truly gothic Gotham City and features colorful villains including The Joker, Two-Face, and many more." Are we about to see Nicholson's Joker resurrected? Could very well be the case. And the promise of "many more" villains makes me wonder who they'll be. Catwoman seems likely. Based on nothing I feel Poison Ivy could be possible.
I hope Joker doesn't come back.