Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Now that the RIDICULOUS news of Keaton appearing in Batgirl is confirmed by the trades, I have to ask: what the hell was the point of greenlighting these comics if they were going to be either retconned or outright ignored by the movies? I know I have been critical of the last few issues, but this run now comes across as pointless more than ever.

Seriously, Batman is now around the same age as Gordon. What's next, the Joker and the Penguin are still alive in the new DC movie timeline?

f*** off.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Any news on the latest issue? Seems odd its not out yet

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Wed, 19 Jan  2022, 13:57
Any news on the latest issue? Seems odd its not out yet
It was delayed a couple of times. No reason was given, though Joe Quinones mentioned recently that he's had Covid. Issue #5 is currently listed as coming out February 1st.

Thank you! :D I was begining to worry that it was canceled mid-run

Lawrence the Joker goon returns. I assume this is a flashback?

Barbara Gordon looks confused. Sorta like how many people will be once they see Keaton's Batman in a different movie universe with another Barbara who doesn't like anything like her, and her dad is suddenly JK Simmons.  >:(

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu, 20 Jan  2022, 00:46
The date has shifted again. February 15 is now the release date.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 25 Jan  2022, 17:50

Apparently issue 5 has been delayed yet again, this time until the beginning of March.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 15 Feb  2022, 20:39
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 25 Jan  2022, 17:50

Apparently issue 5 has been delayed yet again, this time until the beginning of March.
Indeed, and Quinones has confirmed that it was indeed his bout with COVID that caused it to move again

I'm reading once again that B89 was a ridiculous hit and the graphic novel version is expected to whoop serious butt as well.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 20 Feb  2022, 19:39
I'm reading once again that B89 was a ridiculous hit and the graphic novel version is expected to whoop serious butt as well.
If so, their future moves on the B89 universe will be interesting. Will they expand or keep it as a one-off? I really would like a Forever continuation to coincide with the Schumacher cut, showing the transition to Robin's new suit, the creation of the Clooneymobile and the like. I'm not sure what villains they could really use, though. Mr Freeze seems to be the first big theatrical threat after Riddler and Two-Face.