Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I know no one but me care about this, but I like that You can see both the Cathedral and the Old Wayne Tower at the bottom.  ;)

I wonder what the chance of an audio version or even just hearing Billy Dee read some line. Really interested to see how he'd play the character. He deserves more then the Lego Batman Movie (though I do love his breif inclusion)

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 15 Oct  2021, 14:28
Those sketches of Selina Kyle resemble more like Sharon Stone than Michelle Pfeiffer. I'm getting Basic Instinct vibes by looking at the first two sketches on the left.

Kinda looks like the artist was probably going for something of a merger between Michelle and Sharon. Akin to how the Catwoman suit is something of a merge between the Returns suit, and the Catwoman suit from TAS. I think we came better when Dick Tracy knocked up the original choice, Annette Benning, and Michelle Pfeiffer got cast instead. However, Stone would have made a good choice for 1992. Her sex appeal was absolutely phenomenal in that time.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Another thing I'm hoping for from the second half of this series is some fight scenes. So far, Batman hasn't hit anyone. He's been on the receiving end of an attack from Robin, but he hasn't actually thrown a single punch or kick himself. Issue three ended with the perfect setup for a fight against the rioters. Now I want to see Batman bust some skulls.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 15 Oct  2021, 14:17I have to admit though, your sequel to the original film idea is great, and would've justified the B89 moniker even more.

Thanks. Another benefit to making it a direct sequel to the 1989 film is that it could have explored the fate of Alexander Knox. What happened to him in between the two movies? The CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover would have us believe he's still alive and living in Gotham in the present day, but I don't necessarily take that as canon.

If the Batman '89 comic was a success, they could have followed it with a Batman '92 miniseries in 2022 written by Daniel Waters. That would have helped build hype in the run-up to The Flash.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 15 Oct  2021, 16:36
Sweet Jesus!
BATMAN '89 #6

Beautiful. The Burtonverse Two-Face looks perfect. :)

Here are four other sketches Quinones drew before he chose the final poster design. The second sketch that has Batman posing with his forearm covering his mouth reminds me of Batman Forever's theatrical poster.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Quinones/status/1449069878271520770

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 20 Oct  2021, 13:57

Quinones said that sketch is paying homage to this Robin front cover by Brian Bolland.

Meanwhile, here is Drake looking smug.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei