Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Another variant by Warren Louw 

And my favorite panel thus far!

Bruce looks like he did in front of the Monarch Theater

I don't know if this has come up yet, but the studies of Robin have him listed as Richard Drake. He'll likely be an amalgam.

Sat, 24 Jul 2021, 04:02 #203 Last Edit: Sat, 24 Jul 2021, 04:27 by eledoremassis02
Just noticed the contrast/split colors on Robins jacket. I wonder if he'll have any connection to Harvey?

Also, I noticed that the female jokerz shirts say "All this and brains Two". Wonder if they'll become this versions of sugar and spice?

Also, Sam Hamm Tweeted this on the 10th
"I thought the story was a little ho-hum, but the art is so breathtaking nobody will notice! What a treat to be back on the playground with
@Joe_Quinones @amarino2814 @andykhouri Clayton Cowles and Leonardo Ito."

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sat, 24 Jul  2021, 04:02
Also, I noticed that the female jokerz shirts say "All this and brains Two". Wonder if they'll become this versions of sugar and spice?
At a bare minimum it's a reference to TDK Returns - the TV news anchorwoman wearing the white shirt which said 'all this and brains too'.

Oh yea, that was the first thing I noticed then I was like "huh...Two"

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu, 22 Jul  2021, 23:39
Another variant by Warren Louw 

Not a strong likeness but a good image nonetheless.

I dig this variant by Francesco Mattina more, though.

This chick cop is touching around on the bat gadgets too much! She's making me nervous. She knows, doesn't she?! Also, whats going on in the last picture. I don't understand.

Te expression in that last pic is very Winona from the final scene of Beetlejuice when she says "Come on!"

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 17 Jul  2021, 18:00

This whole line of discussion seems oddly prescient just now.